What's New on DC Universe Infinite & ULTRA: November

@mcmaenza.55596 Welcome back to the community, friend! What are you currently reading? :eyes:

Welcome to the community @SeanMay! They are coming veeery soon. Keep your eyes peeled, we’ll share information regarding those comics as soon as we can :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The thing about this though is that they said starting in the middle of November. We’re a bit past the middle of November now, and the only drops have been similar with what they have been doing since Ultra rolled out.

If they are actually going to delay the first wave, they should be up front about it.

4 Likes

I don’t really like paying a substantial premium ($99 all at once instead of the 7.99/month I was paying) to be told the things that were promised as part of the launch, and an enticement to buy in early, are coming ‘veeeeery soon’ when looking at the calendar they should have already happened.

If there’s going to be a delay, let us know that. Be upfront with the people who made this jump to put down more money with your company because you promised something.

7 Likes

Curious if we get the list today.

6 Likes

Exactly! I mean why can’t they just release some of them? We haven’t even got a list yet which tells me we probably aren’t even going to get it until December

6 Likes

Kind of my thought. I mean November isn’t over yet, so guess it isn’t too late (although they did say mid-November and it is well past mid-November by anyones definition) but it seems we won’t get them this month. I know they have to negotiate with Comixology and the like to get that stuff released on here due to their existing agreement, so I would guess that is taking longer than planned. (I mean, I don’t think they just lied to be evil so something must have changed). But if they are not coming this month they should at least tell us things have been delayed but they will be coming soon or something to that nature. Yeah, people would complain about that, and be within their right to frankly. But I can’t imagine that leaves a worse impression than saying they are coming in November and then not doing it without so much as an acknowledgement.

And honestly, whoever is announcing when stuff like this is coming needs to be better about what they announce. When DCUI was announced they said exclusive DC Comcis just to the service, we got 6 issues “Let them Live” and that was it, and apparently that was not even originally intended to be an exclusive release. They were behind by months on when international rollout would happen without so much as a follow up once it never came.

I love DCUI but you keep promising things that don’t happen, and then don’t even acknowledge why they didn’t happen then it doesn’t build a good relationship with the members. I mean people are mad that stuff isn’t apparently coming out in November because DCUI said it was coming out in November. Not like they said “as soon possible” and people got impatient.

ANd honestly, it can’t be doing them any favors taking this long if it can be avoided. Because I am sure plenty are waiting to see what is offered so every month it is delayed is a month of paying customers they lost out on.

4 Likes

My theory is that their plan may have actually been for ALL Vertigo and Black Label titles to be locked to Ultra, but they then realized how utterly bad of a move that would be to existing customers that already have access to a substantial amount of that content. Even if they were in the middle of reading some Vertigo title already at the standard tier, they’d have to upgrade if they wanted to continue.

To me, the verbiage was never clear enough as to what Vertigo and Black Label content Ultra was getting access to in addition to what was already present at the standard tier. So, if the above was the case, that leaves DCUI scrambling to figure out how to provide anything that seems like it delivers on that promise.

This is all just negative conjecture of course lol. But I’m never shocked with any company these days.

2 Likes

It was said in the weekly e-mail that DCUI gives that the Ultra-tier Vertigo/graphic novels will be coming out on the 29th. In the meantime, they listed these books as being available for all registered users until then.

4 Likes

This is not correct. In the original FAQ they answered this same question over and over again. Any content that was not in Ultra before the launch would not be locked behind ultra. And if anyone had examples of this happening, they could report it so it could be unlocked.

This was all covered more than a month ago.

Sometimes the answer is the simplest. They had a plan to launch mid November, something took longer than expected, here we are.

6 Likes

That would have been great information to have. Except it was not in the weekly email I receive. I’m curious why that is.

4 Likes

Their main advertisement language is

• Expanded Vertigo and Black Label and DC Collected Edition catalogs available only with Ultra membership starting in mid-November 2022

This is on their app when you click on their ad link and there was also email they sent out.

3 Likes

I am going off memory so may be wrong, but pretty sure they said from the beginning that the vertigo books currently availiable on Unlimited would stay availiable. They were pretty clear they were not going to block anything we already had access to. So I think you might be assuming worse than they had. Also while it is always possible I give people too much credit, I don’t buy they planned to do that and then after starting someone pointed out the obvious problem of people complaining about not having access to things they do now and someone up high said “Wait… they would complain about that? OMG I had no idea!?” I mean it does surprise me what higher ups don’t see, but I also think we assume the worst most “dense” reason behind things rather than things behind the scenes we have no idea bout might be in play.

They were not clear on what content, which I assume means that they didn’t have it all hammered out. But they said additional content, not locking off content people already had access to.

Oh cool… I have not checked my e-mail much lately, need to keep up with it better clearly. Thanks for the info.

Did it mean those books would be availiable till then then no longer be availiable.

I ask because if that is not stated clear in the titles listing, hoo boy will people who find them and then in a couple days can’t finish them be rightfully upset. The E-Mail is not the only place they should be informing about that. Glad they said something though.

3 Likes

At the end of my post it says that it is silly conjecture and not reflective of reality. Of course they stated that existing content isn’t switching to Ultra. Definitely not out of the realm of possibility that it was an idea bounced behind closed doors prior to announcement, not privy to subscribers though. That’s where my half-joking, cynical conjecture comes from. At the end of the day I think they should have been better prepared before announcing anything. Just make sure you can provide concrete info and deliver on it for your customers so they know they can rely on your word and service. That’s all anyone wants.

3 Likes