This week is full of continuations for many fantastic stories including:

• Superman vs. Meshi #5
  • Monkey Prince #12
  • Poison Ivy #10

There’s plenty to sink your teeth (or eyes) into! Let’s see what’s new:

DCUI ULTRA RELEASES

DCUI NEW COMICS

ARCHIVE COMICS

And if all these new comics aren’t enough to help keep your attention, we have a slew of events coming up this week and so much more in our Community!

Let us know what you are checking out first in the comments below! :point_down:

9 Likes

I will read them all, but my top pics are the archive issues, Spirit World and Knight Terrors: Zatanna.

I will say I was surprised and pleased to see the collected editions added after the archive issues on the new page.

I will also say I was disappointed to see that the Adventure comic was incomplete. I know my logo may seem ironic here, but I almost wish the Aquaman story had been reprinted since I’ve read the Star Boy story before. (I know the Aquaman story has been reprinted but I haven’t read it). The whole issue is smaller than some of the others posted recently and only a couple of pages more than most. I also remember trying to convince someone (I forget who, sorry) that having Adventure and Superman both win the vote did not mean that it would just be two Superman issues and used Aquaman as an example of other stories in Adventure. I don’t want to seem negative, but I can’t help but feel that this partial issue removes the possibility of the Aquaman story getting added now. As far as I know, none of the non-Superman stories from Action have ever been added.

1 Like

Great choices! Spirit World and Knight Terrors: Zatanna have some particularly intriguing storylines.

4 Likes

I’m going to read all the Ultra stuff and the archive stuff. Tuesday is my favorite day of the week!

4 Likes

I agree. I love the Legion – they’re my favorite DC team! – but one of the great things about books like Adventure Comics is the other features that appeared there. I’m crazy about anthologies, and the variety they provide. I hope this issue gets completed, and the future Adventure books are all presented in their entirety.

4 Likes

I love anthologies also. What got me started really collecting DC was the old dollar issues of World’s Finest. They were a great value and, While I knew Batman, Superman, Hawkman, Green Arrow, Black Lightning and Wonder Woman, I had never heard of The Creeper, Vigilante or Odd Man. It probably is also why I tend to go for the obscure characters.

4 Likes

Absolutely! Those old World’s Finest dollar issues were such a gateway to the broader DC universe. Discovering those lesser-known characters like The Creeper and Vigilante was like unearthing hidden gems.

3 Likes

Spirit World is so good, and definitely my favorite of the We Are Legends titles.

Agreed, as this lovely childhood fav of mine (which I acquired in the early '90s, as I wasn’t alive when the mag initially debuted)…

…served as my introductions to The Creeper, Dinah and Ollie and many more.

I still have that book to this day and I read it once a year.

2 Likes

That is actually the first issue of World’s Finest I bought and I got it off the stands when it came out. I actually got it at a grocery store. I knew Ollie, but hadn’t yet met Dinah and definitely not the Creeper. I loved the Wainright Bat-Man story and who can not love Grishka the Bat God? (I’ve used them in the AB(D)C game thread.)

2 Likes

I got that one in a bundle of comics around…1990 or so, and everything about it (including the Hostess ad) just hooked me and made me a World’s Finest fan for life.

Along with The Brave and the Bold #142 (which may have been in the same bundle as WF #255, but I don’t remember precisely), that issue of WF was also one of the childhood comics that would make me a Jim Aparo fan for life, as the issue’s cover is a wonderful work of art.

3 Likes