What Would Happen if WB Brought Back Christian Bale and Ryan Reynolds for the Justice League Franchise?

Superman Returns also said 2 never happened and Donner Cut is canon.

2 Likes

Oh I never actually seen the donner cut

2 Likes

Is it fine if I join your club

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

How do I do it though

1 Like

Jsa book club - DC Community Press join button in corner.

1 Like

So is this a book club and if it is what comic we reading now

I dunno. I think people are kinda over Bale as Batman. Mainly because well…it ended. Hell, that’s why I love that trilogy and TDKR. It f’ing ENDS and not just keeps milking it out like the MCU or The Simpsons.

If anything, if I were WB I’d wait for The Flash first. If people (the box office) responds well to Keaton, then yeah, it wouldn’t be a terrible decision. Granted, I know of few if any people who love Ryan Reynolds’ GL. Sure, people love Ryan Reynolds but not the GL movie. Granted, that was not his fault though, and I think even they know that.

3 Likes

Hey don’t talk about the simpsons like that

So MatthewHecht I have an amazing idea for an end credit scene in Superman Legacy

You wanna hear it

Well sticking to ReddBalls question, I think had Bale and Reynolds where brought back, it would be a giant help, Reynolds, though, his GL would have to give up the CGI suit and have a real one made, and he would have to tone down on his sarcasm that he is notorious for in practically all of his movies. For me, even when Reynolds is just talking it comes off as sarcasm.

Not sure if if ReddBall was meaning those two for a new justice league movie or just stand alones, but I think either would work, if the story made sense and wasnt a mash up of 4 different major events in the comics just crammed in.

For me a real question would be, would Bale or Reynolds come back to reprise their roles, and if so under what conditions.

I think green lantern deserved a better live action debut than a movie about fighting a giant cloud

1 Like

Decisions like that (and what happened to Galactus in the Fantastic Four movie) in comic movies are always a little weird to me. It feels like the filmmakers think audiences will be able to buy alien space cops using magic green rings, but having Parallax be a giant space bug or having Krona just his normal little blue self would be too much.

It’s like they think clouds are scary and to the audience. And how do you fight a literal cloud that’s weird

1 Like

I would drink the cloud with my batstraw.

I was really excited to see Krona was in the movie at all, but they definitely took him in a weird direction. I did enjoy the movie a lot overall, though.

1 Like

Well you were the star of it.

1 Like

You make a good point. :00_lc_green_lantern:

1 Like