What Would Happen if WB Brought Back Christian Bale and Ryan Reynolds for the Justice League Franchise?

If WB could convince Bale to come back as Batman and Ryan Reynolds was brought in as Green Lantern… combined with the other cast members from the first one, do you think it would generate enough buzz to save the franchise? Maybe even throw in Zachary Levi’s Shazam if it ends up a blockbuster?

2 Likes

Throw Brandon Routh in there as Superman and you can have all my money!!!

2 Likes

Hahaha Christian Bale would hate it so much, I’m in

3 Likes

YES and give us the characters we’ve grown to love from CW flash supergirl ARROW and give them the screen time. Think it would do really well

2 Likes

What would happen? The Internet would implode.

2 Likes

Nope. Release the Snyder Cut and we’re back in business. And we can all pretend Jared Leto never happened.

1 Like

I Don’t really like Bale’s Batman. The voice is just too much. Also, the fact that he can’t turn his head is a bit weird. Bale just doesn’t seem like Bruce Wayne or Batman to me.

3 Likes

Nope. Hard pass from me. It won’t happen anyway.

2 Likes

I’d be more open to Reynolds return than Bale’s. Bale’s storyline ended. And Reynolds performance was that bad. It was the storyline. Bring him back, in a practical, non-CGId costume, and it would be okay.

But I’d they are going to go with the “older” Hal like they have hinted to, I’d love to see Nathan Fillion get the shot in the role.

3 Likes

I’d be more open to Reynolds return than Bale’s. Bale’s storyline ended. And Reynolds performance was that bad. It was the storyline. Bring him back, in a practical, non-CGId costume, and it would be okay.

But I’d they are going to go with the “older” Hal like they have hinted to, I’d love to see Nathan Fillion get the shot in the role.

I also think Bale has moved on. I don’t even see money nor Nolan bringing him back at this point. Also keep in mind, it’s been 7 years since Dark Knight Rises. It’ll be a couple of years before a movie with him in it could be put together. Bale is currently 45. Do we want a Batman older than that going forward? If they recast, the need to go younger to keep the character running. Even if he is an actor playing the Affleck version’s age, he needs to physically be younger so they can use him for several films. If you get Bale, you’ll probably have one movie and then have to recast again.

1 Like

I think DC was trying to make a universe before man of steel with Ryan Reynolds’s, Christian Bale, and Brandon Routh which would be cool to see.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @hj323555.82806! :partying_face: Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything.

4 Likes

welcome! i want to live in the universe where that happened!

501fa1c3534f452413145d5d903b34fc

1 Like

They were not. They were never going to put Bale in a larger universe.

1 Like

That’s good to know but I would love it if they were trying to

3 Likes

Nolan refused to connect them. Bale refused because Nolan refused.

2 Likes

2 Likes

They would ruin 2 good franchises.

2 Likes

Oh and I think Brandon Routh’s superman is just a sequel to Christopher Reeves Superman II and pretending that III and IV never happened right.

2 Likes