What’s the ‘Holy Grail’ in Your Collection?

The New Teen Titans (1980) Issue #1 signed by Wolfman and Perez

4 Likes

I JUST REALIZED THIS IS RELEVANT ENOUGH TO POST

This, if you can make it out, is a bowl, handmade by Legends of Tomorrow actor Lance Henriksen.

4 Likes

The Bishop Bowl! To quote Aquaman: “I can dig it.”

I dig your Kenner animated Bane too. Is that the Adventures of Batman and Robin reissue?

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I guess it is! Good eye!

1 Like

Absolutely true: I have a few strands of Christian Bale hairs. Don’t ask me how I got them.

3 Likes

@biff_pow Thanks! I have four eyes, so things like that are easy to spot for me =)

2 Likes

@Vroom ah, half Trigon, are ya

@Mediogirl I’m going to ask you how you got them forever, I’m sorry

1 Like

@biff_pow No, not at all. shifts bottom eyes to the left and right inconspicuously while the top two look straight ahead

2 Likes

@Vroom Would you only have three eyes of you were half Trigon? Then again, I’m no expert on Trigon genetics.

1 Like

shrug I’m not that familiar with Trigon’s physiology either, nor do I care to be.

I just know Lens Crafter’s gave me two additional eyes =)

DC Comics Presents 26 CGC 9.8 signed by Perez. Maybe Batman 436 CGC 9.8. Drake was introduced at the right time when I was growing up. To me he is Robin. He’s a personal favorite. Although not super valuable it was not easy to come by. There are fewer than 100 9.8 copies and it always seemed to sell before I could catch it.

3 Likes

Teen Titans #2 baby… first appearance of the baddest assassin in DC history. Since then I have acquired every one of his original comics. Now I’m starting on the new ones. #Deathstroke4Life

4 Likes

For me, it’s actually a complete run of the Epic printing of Akira. Took a while to track down the last issue.

3 Likes

for me has to be my undertaker autograph that i have

BA12 raw probably around a 9.2 because it was a birthday gift from a friend.

2 Likes

Adventure Comics #247. First appearance of the Legion of Super Heroes. Was finally able to “Frankenstein” a complete copy together just this year from coverless and incomplete copies. That book is big money even in low grades.

Got into comics reading Marvel stuff but I always thought that they were too “mainstream”. My mom got me a copy of the Legion DC Archives on a whim and I immediately fell in love with the LSH. It was a book and a group of characters that I could call my very own. I was 12.:joy:

4 Likes

@BatFreak67 That is so awesome!

2 Likes

Mediogirl from your other posts I just assume you walked up and just took them off his little Welsh head

1 Like

That’s awesome, @chrissypalma! I never would have thought to assemble a rare comic out of pieces.

In case you don’t know, there’s a weekly Legion of Superheroes book club, and the first Wednesday of every month @Don-El is hosting watch-alongs of the Legion cartoon.

Here’s this week’s book club: https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/comics/legion-of-super-heroes-boo_1

2 Likes

rewards biff_pow’s plug for the Legion BC with a candy bar or two

Tell me, do you enjoy Twix?

1 Like