What’s the ‘Holy Grail’ in Your Collection?

We all have one. Wether it’s a signed copy of your favorite issue of your favorite run, or a personalized sketch from your favorite artist, or even maybe a specific pin that has a special meaning to you. For me, I would have to say my most prized possession of my comic collection is one of two pieces. Either it’s my signed copy of DC Comics Presents #26 (the first appearance of the New Teen Titans) signed by Marv Wolfman, or it’s my signed copy of Green Lantern #48, the first appearance of Kyle Rayner, signed and personalized to me by Ron Marz.

How about you?

9 Likes

My most prized possession is my nearly mint condition copy of Batman (volume one) #408, which is the first Post-Crisis appearance of Jason Todd. I used to own all of the Batman comics from the period when Jason Todd was Robin both Pre and Post Crisis but they were all lost in a flood some years ago and I’ve been slowly re-collecting them over a period of years. I happened upon this one at an estate sale a few years ago.

7 Likes

That sucks, man. But it’s good that you’re working back from it. And I can only imagine how excited you were to find that, especially at an estate sale!

3 Likes

I’m envious of both of your grails! There’s some stuff like this in this thread, https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/creatorscorner/most-prized-collectables- but I’ll add my Mezco one:12 Collective Batman v Superman Batman figure. I love him so much :sob:

1 Like

Oh, this thread, too https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/creatorscorner/dc-collectors--look-here I showed off my pins in that one. I love them so much :sob:

1 Like

Holy grail…toss up between some of the custom figures and or vehicles I’ve made over the last 20 years (probably my Joker car for 5" figures) and a complete set of 26 Corgi Batman themed vehicles from the the early 2000s.

2 Likes

It has to be DC Collectibles Snowglobes. As far as I know, I have the entire series (sans the re-release of Aquaman). The prize to me in the entire run was A Dark Winter’s Knight.
Unfortunately, several have had the internal “figures” tip over: Green Lantern, Aquaman, Wonder Woman. And one leaked, so no water. One day I will exacto knife them, and attempt to reseal them. I am pleased to state, the Dark Winter’s Knight globe is still in perfect (but opened) condition.

3 Likes

I sold most of my old comics (just had enough of hauling them around the country just to stay in a box), but have two long boxes left that include full runs of Watchmen, COIE, Vendetta, American Flagg, some German language X-men, and personal favorite full run of original Badger.

5 Likes

Easy. It is my Future Flash ring. I had it made to my specifications and its accuracy.

1 Like

It’s between my original art… bast by David Mack, or an original Bernie wrightson

1 Like

New Teen Titans #1, signed by both Wolfman and Perez.

1 Like

I would say the fact that I have all five of issue 1 of Team Titans signed by Marv Wolfman. I love that series and seriously am probably one of the only people ever that would be excited about this in their collection. I also have a signed Trina Robbins “California Girls” collection that I adore.

3 Likes

My Action Comics 1000 #1000BULLET variant. My Action Comics 1000 Jim Lee variant. My other 19 Action Comics 1000 variants. My variant copy of Batman Damned #1. My George Perez signed COIE issues 1 & 12. Justice League # 1987 (JLI). And many many more.

5 Likes

First app of Patchwork Man great under looked horror comic

3 Likes

Custom DC Universe Classic Rima by LooseCollector.

2 Likes

There are really too many, but this is a recent treasure: White Lantern Batman

3 Likes

But I really like this guy too…

3 Likes

I am about to get a sterling silver red lantern ring fitted to my size.

3 Likes

My college doesn’t I’ve out graduation rings, so I thought I would improvise.

3 Likes

My action figure & statue collection is modest compared to others, so all of them are “grails” to me. If I had to choose one or two pieces that I currently own, I would have a hard time picking between the Sideshow 1/6 Scale Superman figure and the DC Collectibles Designer Series Jim Lee Superman statue.

3 Likes