What Is Your Ideal DC Movie?

If you could create whatever DC movie you wanted, what would it be?

10 Likes

ā€œThunderworldā€

Shazam origin film set in 1978 on its own Earth. Villains are Dr. Sivana and Black Adam. Billy is called Captain Marvel and wears his classic costume. Directed by Joe Johnston. Post-credits shows Billy at the Rock of Eternity seeing glimpses of whatever the main DC movie-verse is.

8 Likes

Itā€™s been a long wait but now Iā€™m lucky because my most fave DC character of all time is getting her own feature film, soā€¦
:grinning: :wink:

15 Likes

I would love to make some sort of movie with Zatanna or just with a lot of the justice league dark characters feel like thatā€™s something that weā€™re missingā€¦

10 Likes

Too many.

1. A flash with substance
  2. A Young Justice film
  3. one Iā€™ve been thinking about a lot is taking the heroā€™s as we know them know and putting them back into the time when their comics premiered. A Superman in the late 30s, or a noir-y Batman type but additionally gender, race and physical appearance of all characters arenā€™t the ā€œnormā€ weā€™ve seen before. I.e. Robin Lord Taylor in any episode of Gotham except the finale, or having Kevin Michael Richardson physically play the joker in this live action film. (DC, Iā€™m available, hit me up)
5 Likes

Would it surprise anyone if I said NML? I wouldnā€™t want to send someone to the hospital in shock. That said:

No Manā€™s Land!

Itā€™s got everything, mystery, noir, action, complex philosophies, hope, despair, and Batman! 'Nuff Said!

7 Likes

Justice Society (2000s team).

6 Likes

Spoiler & Drake

6 Likes

The many lives of Doctor Fate.

4 Likes

The Justice Society of America during the Golden Age using the line-up from All Star Comics no. 3 to no. 7.

7 Likes

Just get rid of the drake costume and Name! all for Tim to get some screen time and love though!

6 Likes

I just want a Green Lantern that lives up to Geoff Johnā€™s run. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Top three choices:

ā— A Superman trilogy that features a married Lois and Clark, various Superman allies as prominent supporting characters and showcases villains that have never appeared in live-action movies (or outside of the comics, in some cases).

ā— A hard-R Lobo. He could debut in one of the Superman movies above in a minor role, then be spun-off into his own solo gig.

ā— Stormwatch: This would serve as the beginning of a cinematic Wildstorm Universe.

7 Likes

Lobo would be a great movie. Definitely a hard R. Would be interesting to see Ryan Hurst play him live action.

5 Likes

@DC89

Did we discuss the casting choices one time? I think you were suggesting Lili Reinhart with a bottle of Revlon or Clairole. Do you know whoā€™s been cast?

3 Likes

No BG casting news yet @ejdias.95910 , but we know someone else whoā€™s slated to make an appearance in the upcoming film-

:grinning: :bat: :batman: :batman_hv_5: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Oooooow, letā€™s see where this goes.

4 Likes

If the screenwriter(s) go origin story route Iā€™m thinkinā€™ that Keatonā€™s part as BW/Bā€™man will be shown in more of a mentor capacity ala Bruceā€™s role in ā€˜Batman Beyondā€™ with Terry. Iā€™m guessing that the script will more than likely take a number of cues from Scott Beaty and Chuck Dixonā€™s 2003 masterpiece series ā€˜Batgirl: Year Oneā€™ (my fave! :grinning:). Lotā€™s of training with Bruce and possibly an appearance of Nightwing and older Damian.

41lxDVX6LxL.SX330_BO1,204,203,200

9 Likes

Thatā€™s more to add to my reading listā€¦

3 Likes

YES and have it based on Batgirl year one or Burnside

4 Likes