What Is Your Ideal DC Movie?

I was just about to make a thread similar to this. I would love have a movie about lex luthor with the same style as the joker

2 Likes

If they were to make a green lantern movie base on geoff johns run, would we start at zero hour or Rebirth(and work our way up)?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good question. I think Rebirth would be good, but youā€™d have to get some of the background in with Parallax and what happened to the Corps. I think starting with Zero Hour could be a confusing entry point, so I think maybe doing Rebirth with some good flashback sequences would be the best.

6 Likes

Yeah but then maybe sometime in the future they could do a zero hour movie, as a prequel to the rebirth movie.

4 Likes

That is what I was thinking, too. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I would love to see a HARDWARE movie!! Or how about a BLOODSYNDICATE movie!!? DC is just letting all of these great characters go to waste!! A BLOODSYNDICATE movie would fit perfect right now with all of the anti-police, anti government stuff going on now. And minority lead movies have proven they can do just as well as their white counterparts ( Black panther). DC, stop wasting time and rap into the goldmine that is MILESTONE!!

5 Likes

Perhaps 1st movie be an ā€œEmerald Dawn-esqueā€ movie 2nd ā€œEmerald twilightā€ and 3rd Rebirth if it be a trilogy?

2 Likes

@jdaego55.10147- We might see something along these lines storywise in the upcoming GL series on HBOMax.

3 Likes

:hushed: i would love to see a Bombshells adaption! or even a movie done in the same continuity

6 Likes

Thatā€™d be sweet! Forgot that was still in the works :joy:

3 Likes

The JSA in an alternative universe and their versions of Geoff Johns key characters for example:
Green Latern: Alan Scott and the starheart
The Flash: Jay Garrick
Dr Mid-Nite: Pieter Cross
Black Canary: Dinah Lance
Mr Terrific: Michael Holt
Dr Fate: Kent Nelson and/or Hector Hall
Stargirl: Courtney Whitmore
The Hawksā€¦ etc.

And have them crossover with Zack Snyders JL
In ā€œCrisis on Multiple Earthsā€ settings :ok_hand: :sunglasses:

And a separate INJUSTICE movie, of course itā€™ll be an elseworld movieā€¦

6 Likes

Cassandra Cain martial arts epic.

6 Likes

Batman Beyond with a Blade Runner atmosphere.

5 Likes

ā€œSuperman and Supergirlā€ where Cavillā€™s Superman rescues Kara from the Phantom Zone and then becomes her mentor, teaching her about Earth - as she teaches him about Krypton. Cyborg-Superman as main villain leading a Zod Squad with a little more personality, Silver Age style. Most especially, Iā€™d want to see Faora return as Karaā€™s foil. Kara loves Krypton in a really wholesome way, that she tries to impart to Clark, whereas Faora returns with her ultra-fascistic view of Krypton.

Clark and Lois get married at the end, haha!

5 Likes

Itā€™s time for some light-hearted fun in the DCEU. That means itā€™s time for a Blue and The Gold film. Booster and Ted Kord on a grand and guffaw-filled time-tripping adventure. BWAH-HA-HA-HA !!!

8 Likes

Either a low budget gritty Longbow Hunters movie (1980s setting, older Oliver Queen, never even say the words Green and Arrow in the same sentence) or a big budget take on Ostranderā€™s Spectre series from the 90s.

6 Likes

Personally, my idea would require a stable Batman in the DCEU, though it could probably also be done for the new animated universe.

It would be an all-original story featuring Batman chasing a new (at least to this version) criminal, with a little help from the Question, an aging Sandman (Iā€™m talking Wesley Dodds here), and possibly Jason Blood and/or Zatanna.

As for who the criminal would be, Iā€™d be in favor of reviving a villain who, thus far, has only appeared on the 1960s Batman show (and, of course, removing most if not all of the campiness): Marsha, Queen of Diamonds, along with her witchcraft-practicing Aunt Hilda!

2 Likes

Iā€™d watch a Batman Beyond movie directed by Ridley Scott. Epic.

5 Likes

A Booster Gold Movie. Alan Ritchson is a perfect Booster Gold, and Seth Rogen would be a perfect writer and directer for booster movie. I genuinely think Booster Gold could carry easily a film franchise, and easily become one of the most popular and loved characters underrated the right creative direction.

6 Likes
  1. Barbara Gordon and Dick Grayson team up movie!

2. Solo film for either aboveā€¦ because it would lead to the above

3. Green Lanternā€¦ leading to Blackest Night

5 Likes