What Is Your Favorite YJ Season and Why?

I really love Young Justice: Outsiders! but I also love Invasion AND season one for many reasons!! Tell me what you think.

5 Likes

I go with season 1.

The therapy episode.

2 Likes

Season 3 #We are all Outsiders

3 Likes

Season 2, easily. More characters, new locations and assorted plots expanded the universe of the show quite well.

It’s a textbook example of how a new season can successfully worldbuild on that which came before it.

7 Likes

For me it goes

Season 2
Season 1
Season 3

But I honestly have no complaints about any particular season. I love that show!!

2 Likes

Season 1 for me. Good pacing, strong character development, tight storytelling. Season 2 felt messier, but I still really loved it for the characters it introduced (Jaime <3). Season 3 … meh. I wouldn’t call it bad, but I also haven’t rewatched it for fun, like I did with the first two. Cast bloat, checklist dialogue, awkward pacing. Maybe I’d appreciate it more on a second watch. Looking forward to S4 regardless.

5 Likes

Favorite season is 1, favorite episode is private security from season 3

4 Likes

Season 1 without question, because the focus was actually on the original Team. In the subsequent seasons they’re barely a presence.

5 Likes

Invasion by a mile.

2 Likes

The only correct answer is season one. The focus was on a small group of characters which made the storytelling much tighter and allowed for lots of genuine progression. Seasons two and (especially) three have way too many people in them, you don’t get nearly the same level of character progression. You basically only check in with different groups of characters every few episodes, which kind of makes you start to feel like you forget they even exist. I want season 4 to just focus on a core group of characters again instead of trying to spread the story out to 20+ characters which does not work well. The small family vibe is the reason the first season is so superior to the others.

8 Likes

I can’t decide. I want to say season 3, but one and two were also good. Then they all have their good and bad points.

2 Likes

Season 2. They built upon the first season and expanded the story. We got new characters but we got to see the team from the first season evolve. What happened with Artemis and the subsequent explanation was amazing. I also liked the Reach as villains.

2 Likes

I like season 1 the best; I just loved the main 6 and seeing all of them together fighting crime beats the other seasons. It’s not that I didn’t enjoy them, there are just so many characters that it was hard to focus and follow each ones’ story, but all in all I just love Young Justice!!

2 Likes

Season 1 is my favorite. I liked season 2 and season 3 as well, but there were too many characters.

1 Like

Hot take: Season 1 was the only really good season. 2 was… fine. There were enough good ideas and built-up goodwill from the previous season that I was able to deal with the bloated cast and unfocused plot. Watching was a positive experience but it was definitely a step down. The first half of Season 3 felt like an attempt to recapture Season 1 with Nightwing’s covert-ops group and some interesting mysteries, and I was actually kinda digging it, but the second half was painful. I’ve never seen pacing that bad outside of a fanfic. And the whole “getting your hashtag trending is more important than actually accomplishing anything, and heaven forbid you not only accomplish something but do it in a slightly mean way” message was really stupid.

3 Likes

As a Jack Kirby disciple it’s hard to admit, but season #2 is my favorite. Everything’s in full swing by then. The additional characters & storyline are completely in sync. I love em all, but #2 is easily my pick.

1 Like

Season 3 Outsiders became my favorite because it is a more grown up season than my previous favorite, season 1. Invasion was good but with all the new team members they seemed to neglect the original cast. Outsiders really took the OG team to the next level and I love every bit of it!

1 Like

Season 1 for me. I enjoyed the main team seeing them grow and learn. Plus I hate time jumps. 1 year or a few months are fine. Maybe even 2 years but the jumps they did were a lot. It doesn’t mean I hate the other seasons. They were all awesome but S1 just has that nostalgia to it. And no time jumps.

3 Likes

For me it’s season 1
Season 2
Season 3

2 Likes

definitely the season where aqualad went deep cover - think that was season 2? was great how they went all covert and no one knew :slight_smile:

2 Likes