What is the 1st Comic Book That Got You Into Reading & Collecting Comics?

My nephew tore in half right in front of my eyes Spider-Man number 1 around 1970

1 Like

I don’t remember witch one is the first I actually read, but I remember the first graphic novels I actually bought that go me in to the comics. Superman / Batman Supergirl, & NEW X-men Childhoods End vol. 1. I wanted to see what my to favorite female superheros were like in the comics compared to the cartoons. I told my self at the time i was just trying to see what Supergirl and X-23 and the next thing i knew i had collected most of the series they had appeared in threw trades & comics.

1 Like

I didn’t start to read the comics until I started playing the Arkham games by Rocksteady.

Then I moved on to the DCAU films, then from there I started reading the comics. The first comic I read was Kingdom Come.

I’m so happy my roommate suggested it I enjoyed it!

Right now I’m reading RHATO. Need to catch up with my other favorites. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Blackest Night TPB!

I liked the idea of Green Lantern but never got into it, or comics period really. I read a bunch but it was like “checking out what they have to offer.”

But when I read Blackest Night, I was lost and I loved every minute of it. My favorite story by far.

1 Like

Batgirl of Burnside!! I love it!

2 Likes

I’m lucky enough to have grown up with my dad who reads comics. He taught me how to read with comics. I must say though spawn batman was the first comic that I could not wait to get. I remember reading in Wizard it was coming ten year old me was beside himself. Frank Miller writing spawn batman! It was a dream come true.

1 Like

I don’t remember the exact title or run but it was Batman and it was around ‘95 when the animated series was ending. I wanted more and started collecting the comics.

spawn

1 Like

Dixon’s Robin got me intrigued, Peter David and Todd Nauck’s Young Justice got me hooked.

2 Likes

For me - My uncle was a collector of comics and I was always intrigued by his collection. He would show me comics that were worth a lot of money (or maybe he was just very sentimental and thought they were). I cut my teeth on old Star Wars comics but I was a massive fan of Batman the Animated Series so he started buying me comics and now 20+ years later I still collect my comics monthly.

5 Likes

Batman the court of owls

4 Likes

The first comic book I ever owned was Kevin Eastman & Peter Laird’s original TMNT comics BUT the first DC run that got me to dig deeper was the “Death of Superman” story arc.

3 Likes

Grant Morrison and Howard Porter’s JLA run.

2 Likes

First ever was 80’s G.I.Joe. the first DC was Batman 460. Breyfogel art, Catwoman, Alan Grant. Vickie Vale. Just love this book and mini arc. It sucks me in, I imiediatly sought out back issues and current books. What a time to be a fan. The best.

1 Like

Gerry Conway’s Justice League of America run. John Byrne fantastic four run got me in to collecting

2 Likes

Green Lantern Blackest Night was the first comic I ever read and I was instantly hooked. Still my favourite Super Hero.

1 Like

Walt Disney Comics and Stories.

1 Like

for me i never got into any comics sadly i only watched the movies didnt get into comics until this year first comic i read was aquaman but right now im reading the green arrow series ive been really missing out

1 Like

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/52_(comics)#/media/File%3ACover_52_Week_One_(May_10%2C_2006).jpg

1 Like

It was 52 from Geoff Johns, Busiek, Morrison, Rucka and Waid.

3 Likes