What Is Something You Appreciate That the Comic Industry Has Done?

I got a lot of replies on my previous thread, What Is Something You Wish the Comic Industry Would Change?.
But I want to use this as a more positive thread and talk about whatever it is that you like about the comic industry.

5 Likes

made jakeem thunder

5 Likes

This might not quite be what this thread is about, but I’ve been reading a lot of older comics lately (from the eighties and nineties, so not super old), and I do appreciate how a lot of comics have gotten a lot easier to read (at least for me). It seems like there was a long period of time where every comic panel had to have narration boxes, explaining in wordy detail everything that had had happened in previous issues (which does make sense) and what’s happening in the artwork (“He unleashes a powerful energy blast from his hands!”).

4 Likes

Being easy to read through stories at a quick pace.

5 Likes

yeah and how they give cooler backstories

3 Likes

That is exactly what this thread is about. I just don’t want to be the person that’s always negative and thought this would be a good way to get people to look at things they like that comic books have done not just what they wish would change.

4 Likes

I’m happy about the Murphyverse existing, Sean Murphy’s White Knight books are some of the best comics being made right now and I’m looking forward to the future of his universe, I heard he might be making a Justice League book which would be amazing!

4 Likes

So your talking about the white knight books. What is in that series? Ive been curious for some time now but wasnt sure if I wanted to get in to it.

3 Likes

The first book is Batman White Knight which is about the joker going sane and going on a political campaign to take down Batman

and the second book Batman Curse of The White Knight is about the aftermath of all of that and Azriel trying to kill Batman,

That’s as far into the universe I’ve gotten to do so far but I know there’s also Batman Beyond the White Knight which takes place in the future and is about Terry McGinnis.

They’re pretty dark books that take a lot of inspiration from Batman The Animated Series.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks

3 Likes

No problem.

3 Likes

I looked it up and there is harley quinn, mr. Freeze, and red hood as well with robin, catwoman, justice league, nightwing, batgirl, and one more planed for release (Wikipedia)

3 Likes

Is there a lot of sexual content and foul language? I noticed it was rated M.

3 Likes

There is some but most of it is censored except for the language in the later issues.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks

4 Likes

Creating better LGBTQ+ representation

4 Likes

I really like a lot of what DC is doing in nurturing and promoting artists like Dan Mora, Jorge Jimenez, Roger Cruz, Gleb Melnikov, Jamal Campbell, and working to keep older masters like Lee Weeks, Dan Jurgens, and Tom Grummett (though you could feature Tom Grummett some more, DC!) in front of reader eyeballs.

I also appreciate that Stephanie Brown has an ongoing comic for over a year - here’s hoping to a second full one! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I appreciate the existence of both DCUI and Marvel Unlimited. They allow me to be almost current with today’s comics as well as catch up on everything I have missed over the past 30 years. I could never afford to collect individual comics at today’s prices.

6 Likes

Creating Jason Todd

4 Likes
  • DC Pride
  • Graphic Novels on Established and New Characters
  • More Modern Art Techniques
2 Likes