what is better CW the flash or DC universe Titans

I would just like to hear everybody’s opinion on what is better CW the flash Titans do you like enemy of the week type of shows or do you like more adult bloody type of DC shows

3 Likes

Personally I like both but to be honest I didn’t like how titans ended and didn’t even finish its story arc least flash finish there villains at the end although I don’t like how the flash went against some of there comic books counter part like iris west and killer frost as a example

1 Like

I prefer the Flash. I like Titans, but the Flash is my favorite of the 2. Titans still needs to find its groove. Doom Patrol though, I would probably pick over both…

2 Likes

I prefer Titans because in the flash it always end up happy at the end I like the way Titans ended and the flash walks back everything they do

(Doom Patrol) Titans, then Flash.

Anything here is better then CW let’s be honest

2 Likes

I’ll be honest. Supergirl is the best DC TV show right now. It speaks to my political beliefs and like Young Justice has great “fake political” issues. It’s let me hear he other side of the story and helped me realize their struggles in a way I can’t otherwise.

1. Doom Patrol
  2. Black Lightning
  3. Krypton
    4.5 Titans
  4. Gotham
  5. Legends
  6. Flash
  7. Arrow
2 Likes

The Flash as far as seasons 1-3 are concerned.

Titans is good, sure. But it has room for improvement and hopefully will in season two.

4 Likes

Flash.

But I like Doom Patrol much more than Flash.

2 Likes

Totally different shows and so they shouldn’t be compared. Only thing in common is they are from the same source material universe

3 Likes

I dont like “enemy of the week”. I much prefer the longterm story arcs that range over several seasons.I think Titans has a better chance at accurately portraying stories from the comics because of that.

Titans doesnt have any restrictions and it seemed to have a pretty decent budget.

2 Likes

I like Flash better although enjoy both of them. But they have such a different feel it is hard to compare them, plus Flash has had over 100 episodes where as Titans has had 11 episodes. So in 4 years who knows what I will think. (assuming Titans is still on which I do because I want to be optimistic).

1 Like

Flash

As for the longer story, I think it can be drug out too much. DC TV is great because it is not done as a 10 to 22 hour movie. The other company tells one story over a season and it makes the show very slow…

1 Like

The flash

1 Like

for me it’s the CW Flash. I’ve tried watching the titans and i absolutely hate that piece of garbage. None of the actors/actress’s from titans are believable as the characters they are supposed to be.

1 Like

Flash is often criticized for it’s soap opera elements, but one thing that the format of a soap opera does well, is it establishes the characters and gives them clear arcs through the show. One of my biggest critiques of Titans is that I never got attached to the characters. Also, I felt like every development a character had, the next episode there would be some sort regression—especially with Dick. That being said, I think Titans has more potential to go places after the first season than Flash ended up having, so there’s that.

1 Like

The Arrowverse is like The OC with superheroes. If you like want 44 minutes of your favorite character whining about how he can’t call the girl he likes because she’s mad at him for missing their coffee date, then go for it.

4 Likes

It’s really comparing apples and oranges.
They are different shows in their fundamental structure.

Flash is the “functional family” show of the CWVERSE (LoT is misfits, Supergirl is a morality tale, Arrow now being replaced by Batwoman is the brooding show.) the soap opera or at least prime time soap opera format works for the genre and types of stories they tell. This CW formula goes back to Xena & Buffy. For the core demographic it is a format that works.

Titans, having been picked up by Netflix international for a required two seasons is really only half a season. I actually think the character development of Dick in particular, but Raven and Kori is done well. Is it a two steps forward one step back. Sure, but, that is a fairly reasonable expectation for behavior of people of that age striking out in their own, rejecting the “this is what your supposed to be” ideology you might have been raised with and taking a voyage of independent discovery. That was a theme Wolfman & Perez used in the New Teen Titans and saved the book and the team from demise. Central to the early issues was Dick Grayson realizing “I’m not robin, I don’t want to be Batman, so who am I and more importantly who do I want to be?”

I enjoy both shows for what they are. I don’t see a need to compare them head to head. They both have DC Superhero characters in them, that’s the similarity they share.

I like both but I like flash more but we also have seen this show grow for multiple seasons not sure I would feel the same if there were just as many seasons of Titans as the are of flash