What inspires you?

Doom Patrol, specifically Morrison’s run. That was the first comic I ever read and fell in love with, and I’ve been hooked ever since.

Out of ALL of the DC inspirations to choose…I would pick for myself? Constantine. I have my reason.

Out of ALL of the DC inspirations to choose…I would pick for myself? Constantine. I have my reason.

What inspires me most is looking at what people create comics music movies art etc. looking at the magic that others harness inspire me to create my own and in turn help inspire my students … inspiration comes from the heart … and those with i biggest hearts I find inspiring

Green Arrow definitely inspires me
No matter how much he gets knocked down he gets up even stronger and smarter

1 Like

i think the character that inspires me the most is Nightwing. i’ve grown to enjoy his witty attitude and the way he gives hope to a lot of the characters in the dc universe. he left Batman because he didn’t feel what Batman was doing was right, and he wanted to do it his own way, and i love that about him.

It isn’t just the JL that inspires me, it’s the liberal message of the DC Universe.

There’s a lot of things that inspire me. Music, photography are two things as of right now.
Comic book wise, I’ve always admire Eric Powell’s art and his books. The creator of The Goon, Bug Mans Plan, and Hillbilly. His art is very unique and reminds me so much of the classic exploitation films. No diss to DC comics but I love Eric Powell’s work.

Batman

If I think of what inspires me… and what draws me to superheroes, I think of the moment in the Wonder Woman movie where she climbs out of the trenches to single handedly face the German line. That moment when a hero shakes possibilities. And stands up for the right thing no matter what the cost… those moments are what inspire me.

2 Likes

catwomen inspires me . she is someone who grow up from nothing and still made a name for her self #metoo

1 Like

Young Justice

Hal Jordan. No matter what the situation he prevails with sheer willpower. Apply this to real life and it works as well

1 Like

Batman. Although he is only a man, he uses what is available to him to defeat adversaries far more powerful than he is. The supernatural, the super villains, even Superman he uses his mastery of improvisation to battle his way to victory

1 Like

For me it’s someone like John Stewart who suffered tragedies, both personal and global, yet managed to forgive himself, dust himself off, learn from his mistakes, and become a stronger, better hero.

4 Likes

Anything with young heros like Young Justice, Teen Titans, TrollHunters, etc. I’ve felt they are just relatable and good to use for stories.

Different cultures as well. Ancient Egypt has s bast mythology, along with Greek, which is why I love Rick Riordan’s stuff

2 Likes

HAWKMAN CARTER HALL, KATAR HOL…BOTH THE SAVAGE HAWKMAN , A MAN OUT OF TIME AND THE LAW ENFORCER FROM THANAGAR. NTH METAL, SUPER POWERED.

1 Like

I have a few. I love and admire Donna Troy because she’s a fierce warrior that can kick a bad guys butt, but she can also go home and just help her friends and be a good person. When I was reading New Teen Titans, that was to person I definitely related to most, and she was one of my first cosplays.

1 Like

I also really admire Roy Harper. He made some mistakes as a kid, including starting heroin. As everyone knows drug addition is really hard to beat, but he did, and he constantly does everything single day. Once you have an addiction you always have an addiction but he keeps trying to fight it every day.

1 Like

Everything inspires me, honestly. I don’t look for a character template to base a character from, I just go with the flow.

2 Likes