What inspires you?

Humanity

Knowing that every day is a gift. That I owe it to myself, my family, and my friends to be the best I can possibly be. To fight on in their name. For them. For myself. To never let fear win. To always prove that anything is possible. To fight for the underdogs. To achieve anything. To be more than what society says we “can only” be.

1 Like

I take the characters that I feel most invested in and think of ways to create these character driven arcs, but also incorporate some of my favorite storylines. I know my stories have been loosely inspired by the Judas Contract and the Invasion crossover from the Arrowverse, but I also try to do original takes on other stories. I’ve worked on an original line up for the Doom Patrol, with Beast Boy as my main focus, with Terra, Bumblebee, and even adding in the obscure Vertigo character Kid Eternity. I’ve tried to do Red Hood’s Outlaws from the New 52, only with an origin focusing on Black Mask and Blackfire. I’m taking some of my favorite arcs and storylines and trying to rework them in a fashion that I feel is original, but also something that most fans can enjoy. At the end of the day, of course, these stories you write should be stories you enjoy. Whatever inspires you, whatever you enjoy the most out of your own favorite characters and stories, start from there. See what you can add to these characters and stories to make your own, and from there, you can do such a different take on it all that it becomes YOUR story.

1 Like

I’m inspired by the hero’s journey, the strugle between makeing the right choice and getting it done. The choice, that even if you are more powerful than others, you still but others and your own morals before your self. Rising from the filth and muck of this grim world to be a shining light, a beacon of hope.

The future and family

Waking up

3 Likes

Bruce Wayne’s wealth and inability to be happy

3 Likes

Nothing just my future

Watching superheroes (and real-life people) turn a bad situation into a good one.

Trying my best to shoot my own movie (script I wrote myself) with limited resources. I just want people to see my vision with the hopes they enjoy it.

Well it comes to DC the hopes of:
Static live action
Black Lighting in the CW crossover
CW DC doing a justice league
Merging Supergirls earth with earth 1
A Nightwing movie

I think about this stuff alot lol

3 Likes

Just being alive. That keeps me going,

The will of people… to know that we can continue to strive to be better and to continue to push through times of struggle just like our beloved heroes and real life ones.

1 Like

The man left behind

1 Like

What really inspires me is when the villains do heroic things. Like in Batman Rebirth: The Ballad of Kite Man, where Kite Man explains to his son the importance of never giving up, or in Legends of Tomorrow, where Captain Cold sacrifices his life to help stop Vandal Savage, or in Batman: No Man’s Land, where Poison Ivy takes care of the orphans and Harley Quinn. That’s probably the reason Harley and Ivy are my favorite characters. Yeah, they’re both villains, but they make each other better people.

2 Likes

My wife and Daughter inspire me

The Justice League is who inspire me to be myself & learn to not only to help them fight crime & saving the World, but to always trust the People around you. And always have faith in them as well. And sometimes giving them redemption if they need it.

Just like Superman would believe in second chances & redemptions. But for most of all, is that he believes in his Friends, too.

Nutella

2 Likes

Robin has always been a big inspiration because everyone needs that best friend to be there

I appreciated green arrow fighting for social justice

1 Like

When I’m getting ready for work I play the live performance of the Superman theme. If I time it right I get out of the shower to applause.

Black Atom