What If: Superman Found Jason Todd Instead?

So, we all know that Batman found Jason trying to steal the rims of the Batmobile, but what would have happened if the Man of Steel had found him instead?

6 Likes

He would just take Jason to child services. Superman doesnā€™t need sidekicks like Batman and would just do the conventional thing and not get a child fighting with him. Robin wouldnā€™t exist neither would the Red hood. Jason Todd would live a relatively benign existence.

8 Likes

What would you call Jimmy Olsen?

3 Likes

Jimmy, in the Silver Age, particularly once they started his self-titled series, was very clearly an adult - wearing a suit to work even!

Additionally, if heā€™s a sidekick, then that would make Lois one as well. Unlike Speedy, Robin or even Aqua Lad, Jimmyā€™s prominence had more to do with the radio show - and then, not because Superman ā€˜neededā€™ a sidekick to even out his petty and paranoid sides - but because the radio show broadcast (a) needed another voice to balance out both Clark Kent or Superman and (b) it couldnā€™t be Lois in every single script.

3 Likes

Not entirely. Selina Kyle sometimes helps Batman but she is still seen as a love interest and not a sidekick. Same thing with Lois.

3 Likes

Boy Thunder

Heā€™s basically Supermanā€™s sidekick and just as insane as Jason.

2 Likes

Well, thatā€™s lovely.

1 Like
1 Like

He probably wouldnā€™t have diedā€¦

2 Likes

Maybe, or it might have just been Luthor instead of Joker.

1 Like

Clark would do what he did with his cousin, straight to an orphanage.

Also it was the batbuggy he was removing the tires, not the batmobile.

2 Likes

Nope, not dignifying that.

There are many Clark villains more likely to do that. Metallo, Parasite, and Toyman come to mind. Most likely Toyman.

1 Like

Does not matter. The historical picture books clearly say it is my Batbuggy. Also my Batbuggy is awesome.

Well, out of Supermanā€™s entire Rougeā€™s gallery, Toyman is the most like a Batman villain.

1 Like

batzarro seems to be more a Clark villain now than a me villain.

Lex really fits a guy like me very well.

Overall yes, Toyman is most like a me villain.

1 Like

Clark should just send him to me in this hypothetical scenario.

2 Likes

You say ā€œmeā€ a lot. Here:

Go talk about yourself.

1 Like

Do you want me to talk about myself in the 3rd person? I use first person batpronouns.

1 Like

Okay, now the bat thing is getting a bit out of hand.

2 Likes