What Gems Have You Discovered?

I have been trying to read titles that I haven’t read before. I have really been enjoying the Legion of Super Heroes. I don’t know why I never read this title before now. Swamp Thing and Green Arrow also have had some cool storylines. What have you guys discovered?

6 Likes

The Flintstones and Batman: White Knight.

I wasn’t interested in either as they came out, but I ended up devouring both once they were available on DCU.

9 Likes

There’s a few Elseworlds like Age of Wonder and Elseworlds Finest that I always wanted to read but could never find. I read them here and loved them!

3 Likes

Elseworld’s Finest was a good read.

I’m a big fan of Elseworld’s Finest: Supergirl & Batgirl. I read it long, long before DCU came about, but it was fun to re-discover here.

4 Likes

The Superman Batman series by Loeb, McGuinness, Turner, Verheiden, Van Sciver and others. Absolute gem that I regret not getting to sooner.

Was just recently discussing it here (another good thread to see what people are up to with their reading :slightly_smiling_face:)

6 Likes

I remember that one. Loved the costume designs on the Justice League in that one!

4 Likes

I’ve read a lot the last few months. Some here and some physical. I started reading Azrael by O’Neil. I’d never read it. I’m a legit fan now. What a writer he was!

6 Likes

Gotham By Midnight was a pleasant surprise.

5 Likes

Geoff Johns’ run of JSA from 2006. Not really a hidden gem, because I’m pretty sure it was quite popular when it was originally published. I’ve talked about it a lot on the forums recently because I just read it for the first time. But, I really loved it. Quickly became one if my all time favorites. Geoff Johns’ writing is really at its best in this series. Must read for anyone who hasn’t yet.

9 Likes

Batgirl 2009
Blue Beetle 2006
Omega Men by Tom King
Batman Huntress Cry for Blood
Flintstones
Superman Lois and Clark
Hawkman by Geoff Johns
Teen Titans by Geoft Johns
Justice Legue Odyssey by Dan Abnett Issue 6 on

5 Likes

Arkham asylum: living hell was pretty amazing and a title I don’t hear Many people talk about. Also I read Batman eternal when it first came out and loved it but it’s one of those titles, again I don’t ever hear get takes about.

3 Likes

Here are my recommendations.

Batman: The Long Halloween
Batman: Dark Victory
Superman: All Star
Batman: Knightfall
Batman: Hush
Batman: Court Of Owls
Batman: City Of Owls
Batman: Death Of The Family
Batman: Black Mirror
Batman: The Killing Joke
V For Vendetta
Batman: Death In The Family
Batman: Under The Red Hood
Heart of Hush

2 Likes

JSA by Johns

5 Likes

For out of the box. All the ABC comics. Tom Strong, Tomorrow Stories, Top 10, Madame Xanadu & Omega Men are my top 2 sleepers that deserve more credit. Also, Camelot 3000, Batman & The Outsiders vol #1, Stars & S.T. R. I. P. E, Infinity Inc 84’, Planetary, JSA The Liberty Files, Terra Obscura, Seven Soldiers, Poison Ivy the cycle of life & death, Welcome to Tranquility, Green Arrow & Black Canary, all the Raven solos, JSA the Whistling Skull, Godhead, Starfire 2015’, Scooby Apocalypse, & all the Legion of Superheroes & Legionaries.

4 Likes

I love the shout-out to Camelot 3000 as I own both the trade paperback and was so excited when they released a hardcover edition of it a few years back.
It is one of my favourite interpretations of the Arthurian legends,

2 Likes

That’s a perfect description. It was so groundbreaking & man do I love me some Morgan Le Fey. Huge 4th world Kirby fan here.

1 Like

Super Sons and Adventures of the Super Sons. I can’t believe I didn’t read them sooner.

2 Likes

Well I have been reading SO MANY comics here, but I suppose the deepest well I have explored is The Legion of Super-Heroes. Prior to the 1990s, I had read very few of these. I’m reading everything they have now.

I also read all of the original Jimmy Olsen series that have been included here (far from complete).

— I also finally got around to reading the Archie Goodwin Manhunter series.

4 Likes

The Keith Giffen era of LOSH especially “The Great Darkness Saga” is an excellent example of someone who left an indelible mark upon a title.

4 Likes

I can’t get enough of the various 60s/70s DC Horror Anthology books.

1 Like