What Gems Have You Discovered?

Fantastic art in that title.

1 Like

For me, I’m glad to have gotten going on Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE and Doctor Fate (written by Levitz)

2 Likes

Batgirl: Year One

Catwoman (2002) by Ed Brubaker

First storyline has art by Darwyn Cooke. Just a fantastic series. I’m almost at the end of Brubaker’s run but I had to take a break because it’s going to crossover with Batman and I’m not caught up on that

Also Catwoman (2018) by Joëlle Jones is a great read as well.

2 Likes

If you’re looking for hidden gems, I’m all about Jack Kirby in the 70’s. If you haven’t before, please check out:

The Dingbats of Danger Street in 1st Issue Special #6.

And Omac #1.

4 Likes

Here are a few that I’ve really enjoyed:

• Gerard Way’s Doom Patrol Vol 6 is bonkers.
  • Denny O’Neil’s The Question series is very well done.
  • Grant Morrison’s 1st 8 issues of Action Comics in the New 52 is pretty great.
  • Future Quest - its those shows come to life with lots of twists and turns and some modernization. Doc Shaner’s art is superb.
1 Like

Is that the one Templesmith did the art for? Because that was a crazy series as I recall?

1 Like

I really enjoyed reading Doctor Fate by William Messner-Loebs recently. That is one I never see anyone talk about.

It is, and it is!

Thank you for reminding me that I still need to read Batgirl!
My discovered gem would be Masters of the Universe. That entire series is excellent.

1 Like

Stories I liked a lot more than I expected:

• Batman: Blink
  • Batman Confidential Vol. 3: The Wrath
  • Blue Beetle (1986)
  • Justice League International (1987)

Just discovered Batman: Kings of Fear. Never gave it a chance before, but it turns out it’s a truly great Batman/Scarecrow story. Some of Jones’ best work.