What DC Comics Digitized This Week

Both.
After being digitized, they go to Comixology first, then here.

1 Like

Cool. They seem to really be focusing on Challengers of the Unknown and Detective right now.

1 Like

They reached the end of the Challengers series. Not sure if they will go back and do the others, yet, or not. They may have just done the last issues because of the Swamp Thing and Deadman appearances.
We’ll know soon what they plan to do after Challengers and Titans.

I believe they’re still working on Detective, however, so we should see more of it.

1 Like

Digitized this week:

America vs. the Justice Society (1985) #1
Deadman (1985) #1, 2
Detective Comics (1937) #366
Hourman (1999) #1
Justice League of America (1960) Annual #1
Lois Lane (1986) #1
Superman’s Girl Friend Lois Lane (1958) #1
Tales of the Green Lantern Corps (1981) #1-3

These should be arriving here soon.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anytime @Vroom!

1 Like

This is truly awesome. I know we’re still years and years away, but eventually we’ll have every issue DC has ever published on here.

1 Like

Also, more Hourman! That’s his only own series, I think, and great timing since he’ll be part of the Stargirl series on DC Universe. Too bad it’s not the same character as in the Arrowverse, that would’ve been nice.

1 Like

Thank you for posting this. I like that we’re getting some of the finite 70’s runs. That gives me great hope for seeing the rest of Batman Family and perhaps the starts on the 70’s Freedom Fighters, Star Hunters and Secret Society of Super-Villains issues. These were the books I was totally into growing up in the 70’s.

3 Likes

So these aren’t on DCU yet? Probably next Tuesday?

1 Like

@trustymutsi , Yeah, they’ll most likely be on here Tuesday.

@ mcmaenza.55596, I hear ya. The digitizing of the Deadman series, which was one of the reprint titles DC did in the '80s for the Direct Market, alongside the 1984 New Gods, gives me hope that we’ll eventually see the Dr. Fate one they did. It reprinted the backup stories from issues of the Flash that aren’t available in digital, yet.

@Mae, Since there were only 25 issues for Hourman, I suspect they’ll be doing all the issues over the next several weeks.

1 Like

@Mae I second your suggestion of Hourman. I’ve always wanted to read that series in full, but I never have.

I hope it’s on DC’s digital to do list.

@Mae, considering what a disappointment the Legends JSA was (Stargirl as Merlin?), I’m just as glad they aren’t continuing from there.

@LeonardoMyst the Doctor Fate series you are referencing is already on here. Go enjoy it.:grinning:

1 Like

@ jlange0820.1792,
This is the one I’m referring to here.

Back when DC first started printing Direct Only titles, they did a few mini-series that reprinted certain fan-favorite runs with higher quality paper.

Two of them are already up on here: New Gods (1984), which reprinted the original Kirby series, and Deadman (1985), which reprinted the classic Neal Adams stories.

There was also a Spectre series, Wrath of the Spectre (1988), which reprinted the Jim Aparo stories.

The Dr. Fate one, titled Immortal Dr. Fate, reprinted the back-up stories from Flash and featured stories by Martin Pasko, Keith Giffen and Walt Simonson.
The story in the first issue I actually read in a JSA digest that my school had in their library. I kept it checked out so much, it was more mine than theirs. Lol.

3 Likes

(Sorry for the delay, my internet kept cutting out on me while I was searching for the comics.)

Just added to DCUniverse:

America vs. the Justice Society (1985) #1
Deadman (1985) #1, 2
Detective Comics (1937) #366
Hourman (1999) #1
Justice League of America (1960) Annual #1
Lois Lane (1986) #1
Superman’s Girl Friend Lois Lane (1958) #1
Tales of the Green Lantern Corps (1981) #1-3

6 Likes

And a note for people trying to find the comics…

If you do a search, they currently don’t show up under ‘comic series’, but they do show up under ‘comic issues’.
Or if the title is already up, like JLA, you can just go to the title’s main page and browse the issues to find them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!!

1 Like

Anytime @trustymutsi

1 Like

The fact that they added America vs the JS gives me hope that their plan isn’t to skip digitizing issues that are already included in collections that are available in digital collections.

2 Likes