They really need to step it up a bit.

2 Likes

Batman (1940-2011) #196
Batman: Arkham Asylum - Tales of Madness (1998) #1
Static Shock!: Rebirth of the Cool (2000) #3
Super Friends (1976-1981) #31
Tales of Ghost Castle (1975) #2

3 Likes

Two weeks in a row without any older comics newly digitized. I hope this isnā€™t a sign of whatā€™s to come with DCU Infinite.

3 Likes

Batman (1940-2011) #199
Batman: Dreamland (2000) #1
Hardware (1993-1997) #1
JLA: Incarnations (2001-2002) #7
Stalker (1975-1976) #1-3
Static (1993-1997) #1
Super Friends (1976-1981) #34
The Spectre (1987-1989) #31

9 Likes

Woo! Love to see this topic back!

7 Likes

I agree. Itā€™s been sorely missed.

5 Likes

Batman (1940-2011) #201
Firestorm: The Nuclear Man Annual (1987-) #5
Icon (1993-1997) #1
Stalker (1975-1976) #4
Super Friends (1976-1981) #35

9 Likes

Iā€™m impressed by the addition of Firestorm Annual 5. Itā€™s a bit obscure, yet itā€™s an essential issue in the kick-off of John Ostranderā€™s celebrated run on the title.

4 Likes

@Mammomax,

Stalkerā€¦ thatā€™s a deep cut! I hope DC continues to add more obscure titles to the library.

5 Likes

Iā€™m hoping theyā€™ll stick with the genre long enough to do Claw and maybe, just maybe, finally get Warlord startedā€¦

5 Likes

The Annuals tend to be overlooked or ignored when DCā€™s doing the archiving.
Several titles are near complete, except for the Annuals.

4 Likes

I donā€™t really understand that, isnā€™t it just really another issue of the series?

4 Likes

I havenā€™t really read too many fantasy/swords and sorcery comics apart from the New 52 Demon Knights title and some of the newer Conan comics. I love fantasy literature, so I really do need to read more fantasy comics, I think.

4 Likes

@LeonardoMyst,

For even more obscure DC sci-fi/fantasy titles, I would add: Starfire (the Siren of Sword & Science), Star Hunters and, most especially, Atari Force (if the rights could be sorted out).

6 Likes

I guess sometimes annuals are known to be stand-alone issues, not directly connected to ongoing stories in the main title. Maybe thatā€™s why they are de-prioritizedā€¦ but thatā€™s not true in lots of examples such as this Firestorm

6 Likes

Yeah, as jla172 mentioned, they were special issues that would come out (usually) once a year that would have a longer story. Most often, they were not directly relatedā€¦
But then there was the Titans Annual that concluded Judas Contract, the JLA Annual that introduced JL Detroit, and two Legion Annuals were involved with the Great Darkness Saga -one that continued the build-up to the story and then one that revisited Darkseidā€™s curse on the team.

Later in the '90s they were used for cross-overs, sometimes between titles (like Green Arrow/Question/Detective Comics) and sometimes line-wide (Armageddon 2001, Eclipso).

If you read the main title, you would almost certainly want to get the annual.

Very rarely do annuals get released for non-existing ongoings, but it has happened.
And not all books get annuals. Usually only titles that are selling well.

4 Likes

Those would be great additions.

Dynamite Comics had announced a deal to reprint them when Atari went to them to create comics around the time of their Art of Atari book release.
No one really knows if it was just hot air or not, though, as Atari chose some poor material to launch their comics with and the whole thing just fizzled.
After the Art of Atari book came out, there was really nothing more coming out about Atari Force.

I would love to see Star Hunters make a comeback. At least Donovan Flint in the costume he had during the last half of the series.
He had the Dreadstar/Corsair look down pretty good.
Of course, Dreadstar and Starjammers arenā€™t setting shelves on fire right now, either.
The time may just not be right for a sci-fi adventure comic.
(I say as I re-read my Micronauts: The New Voyages comics again).

4 Likes

Havin just read all four issues, gotta say, what a let down. But some WARLORD, or SGT ROCK would really hit the spot

4 Likes

The new52 had a sword n sorcery book with backups featuring, tadah, STALKER! I wikiā€™d that dude and heā€™s really hung around.

2 Likes