What DC Characters Would Make Good Doctor Who Companions? (And You Can’t Say Rip Hunter.)

Close but no cigar.

If it helps as a sum-up:

(Head’s up: David Tennent, the version of the Doctor in that video, is still considered to potentially be the single best version of the Doctor)

3 Likes

Barbara Gordon, Victor Stone/Cyborg , Renee Montoya.

4 Likes

I love David’s Doctor. I do feel Matt Smith had amazing storylines as the Doctor. I’ll forever rewatch both of them as The Doctor.

3 Likes

I just wanted to say: Rip Hunter would be a terrible companion (in the funniest way possible.) He’d demand technical explanations for how the Doctor’s time travel works, and not accept ‘timey wimey’ answers. He’d treat the journey as a job, not an adventure. He’d touch the controls. Any version of the Doctor would hustle him out the door as fast as possible.

3 Likes

Thank god the Doctor is British and not polish. He’d start smacking Rip and then kick him out, literally. I know that since that’s what my entire family would do and we’re of polish decent.

:musical_note:It’s a small world after all…:musical_note:

3 Likes

Beast boy would also be an interesting companion for the Doctor. I would pair him up with 11.

3 Likes

That would awesome.

For 11, I’d say Beast Boy, Harley Quinn, and then Poison Ivy to ground the three of them.

3 Likes

All TT

4 Likes

Which ones? There are more Teen Titans then I have fingers and toes.

2 Likes

Do you mean iteration?

3 Likes

No, just in general.

3 Likes

So his companion gets promoted to General.

4 Likes

Not even close.

4 Likes

Marv Wolfman run to-just before Flashpoint

4 Likes

Booster Gold
Lana Lang
Jay Garrick
Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders)

2 Likes

I could see Jay in the TARDIS leading to a cool episode where Jay’s Speed Force connection messes with the TARDIS’ navigation controls and they crash somewhere.

3 Likes

For those still alive, this thread still exists!

2 Likes

Ah the good people got taken. Lol

Have we included Jimmy Olsen. I feel like he would be a great companion for the doctor.

4 Likes

I think we have.

Oh! What about the My Adventures versions of Clark, Lois, and Jimmy?

3 Likes

I literally JUST started Doctor Who! Currently in season 3, middle of the David Tennant era. But if you allow a newbie like me to make my suggestions:

-Tim Drake: He has an extraordinary investigative mind with sharp detective skills. An excellent ally for The Doc

-Jessica Cruz: Already has experience dealing with aliens, can help coordinate with allies and can help strategize with more out if the bix solutions.

-Poison Ivy: Hey, you said wild card! I feel like time travel, as well as having her own cosmic journey like Swamp Thing from Alan Moore’s run, could really evolve her ideology

4 Likes