What DC Characters Would Make Good Doctor Who Companions? (And You Can’t Say Rip Hunter.)

So, recap: the Doctor is a time traveling alien from outer space who picks up companions from Earth and shows them the universe.
My question is what DC characters would make good Doctor Who companions?

If you are gonna suggest any characters, suggest one man, one woman, and one wildcard of any gender you choose.

6 Likes

Nightwing, Wonder Woman, and Ryan Choi.

5 Likes

Matthew Tyler (Hourman)

Ava Sharpe

Bobby and Binks

4 Likes

Green Arrow, Black Canary, Nightwing.

These might be controversial but I believe that it would make for interesting stories.

5 Likes

Cassandra Cain, Jimmy Olsen, and Adam Strange.

7 Likes

I can see Dr. Mid-Nite as a good choice for Dr. Who.:grinning:

4 Likes

Tim Drake, Lois Lane, Cassandra Cain.

6 Likes

Hawkman and Hawkgirl

6 Likes

Rose Wilson
Martha Wayne
Donna Troy
Amy Winston
Rory Regan

8 Likes

Madame Rouge

6 Likes

I miss mommy.

4 Likes

Cassandra Cain, John Constantine, Harley Quinn: all pre-N52

5 Likes

@scoop001 @Row.Harper I agree with the idea of Jimmy and Lois, because a good cross-over with Dr. Who (were I writing say a 6 to 10 issue mini-series cross-over) shouldn’t feature a meta or another alien. And very few of the DW episodes I’ve ever seen (none of the classics, only a varied selection of the modern reboot ones) ever involves ‘fisticuffs’ as the kids are wont to say or real action, so while I think people like Dick or Hourman or even Adam Strange, are good choices in the vein I am going with here, they are really essentially unnecessary and would be pointless in my cross-over book for being largely neutered to what they bring in the party. Likewise, we don’t need any big brains.

I’m also not sure about BOTH Lois and Jimmy, because they know each other so well, so one of the two, for sure - and I lean to Jimmy (or his spiritual brother from another mother, Space Cabby).

And I would add the silver age Iris West, in place of Lois, and add Detective Chimp.

4 Likes

Grifter as a mercenary bodyguard to the Doctor where they have shenanigans in space.

3 Likes

I like the idea, though heads-up: the Doctor would most likely steal and hide Grifter’s normal guns.

3 Likes

In response to your fighting comment (and I know it wasn’t directed solely at me) I didn’t pick Tim and Cass because they can fight. I picked Tim because he is a great detective who loves technology. Put him on the TARDIS and let him time travel for a bit with the Doctor, can you imagine what crazy things he will come up with?

I picked Cass because of how she looks at people. She sees the world in body language, imagine someone like that time traveling. As a plus, imagine what she can learn just by watching the Doctor.

I picked Lois because of her journalistic instinct and her want to do what is right. That second one is what Tim and Cass have as well.

Anyway, I love Doctor Who and I love DC, this is a cool thread idea!

4 Likes

She’d learn what insanity looks like, if it’s the 11th Doctor.

5 Likes

This was a joke about how they all have the same first names as Companions from the 9-11th Doctor era but actually these would all rule

8 Likes

I somehow didn’t notice.

4 Likes

First one that came to my mind is Barbara Gordon.

7 Likes