What DC Characters Would Make Good Doctor Who Companions? (And You Can’t Say Rip Hunter.)

Koriand’r deserves a chance to explore the universe and have fun. And while I don’t think Lobo would make a good companion, it would certainly be quite entertaining to watch him make a mess of time and space.

6 Likes

She already has her own K9!

8 Likes

No worries - I didn’t necessarily think that was the reason, I just commented generally on the choices made so far - I picked Detective Chimp for the reasons you mentioned you picked Tim. And I just think any of the modern (reboot) doctors would prefer someone like Jimmy (or his spiritual brother, Space Cabby) as an actual human anchor and personable companion and since both he and Lois are from the same DC city and both Superman cast members, I thought Iris could fill that role - particularly since the Silver Age version of Iris is so very glamorous and would likely made a good romantic foil for any of the modern Doctors.

6 Likes

The Doctor: “If you call him K-9 I’m suing”

4 Likes

Rose Wilson
Cassandra Cain
Dr Mid-Nite

5 Likes

“… once I figure out how to sign up for a bloody citizenship and learn how the hell a lawsuit works.”

3 Likes

Two badasses and a genius.

4 Likes

I’ve always thought it would be fun if, for a dangerous mission, the Doctor made his own Suicide Squad. If only the BBC’s writers were as smart as me.

3 Likes

The Doctor and Constantine in the same Time Machine sounds like a recipe for chaos…

and I like it!

3 Likes

Sounds like Torchwood or Unit to me, but I could be wrong.

4 Likes

Harold Allnut
Loma Shade
Teekl

4 Likes

That’s one I wasn’t expecting!

5 Likes

Loma would make such a fun companion! But now I’m wondering what might happen if a doctor managed to get the madness vest…

5 Likes

Depends on the Doctor. I can confirm that the Eleventh Doctor is already insane.

4 Likes

An epic cliffhanger is what.

4 Likes

And some psychedelic imagery

4 Likes

Cameron Chase

Expert in the field of extraterrestrials and Superhumans. She does seem the kind of person who would do shady stuff to get the job done, but she’s not like a evil person or anything. Honestly would pair her up with the 11 or 12 doctor.
She would so love this.

6 Likes

I agree. Plus, it would teach her an important lesson on morality. During her time in the Batwoman comic run, we see that morality isn’t her strong suit and that she was trying to achieve her goal of unmasking Batwoman and Batman by any means at her disposal, so it’d be nice to see her forced to take less dangurous measures and possibly learn from it.

4 Likes

Still here!

4 Likes

:thinking:
I’ve never watched the show but it’s a alien who observes other species and their planets I think. You could say that alien from the kryptonite story in superman confidential could be a comparison I guess.

4 Likes