What comic has made you cry?

THAT moment in Geoff John’s Rebirth.

End of Batman/TMNT I #6 when Raph hands his bandana over to Batman

Green Lantern #20 (Geoff John’s final issue of his run)

Multiple stories in Action Comics #1000

Superman Prime One Million’s appearance.

I’ve only ever gotten to the point of tears in the Injustice series.

SPOILERS

1. Green Arrow’s Death
  2. Nightwing’s Death
  3. Alfred’s Death
  4. Black Canary’s Death

Probably all in that order, but definitely Green Arrow’s death was the most tragic.

2 Likes

I know it’s Marvel but, the end of Spider-Man: Blue when MJ tells Peter to say hello to Gwen for her.

I know it’s Marvel but, the end of Spider-Man: Blue when MJ tells Peter to say hello to Gwen for her.

1 Like

The Crow

Superman, his dead cat, and the moon. Part of Superman Earth One, TB Collection 2. Messed me up.

2 Likes

The ones that got me are some non-DCs

Spider-Man … don’t remember the issue number but it was in the 80s … “The Kid Who Collected Spider-Man”.

Spider-Man #36 from 2001, the black covered post-9/11 issue. Specifically the moment where the kid Spidey is holding sees firefighters carrying one of their fallen brothers and cries “Daddy!”

Elfquest original series … Nightrunner “doesn’t need looking after any more.”

Wonder woman 1986 #46

Hmm I’d say Injustice when Batman yells at Superman to STOP! And he realized it’s Lois and not Doomsday and he hears Lois’ and their unborn baby’s heartbeats stop. The pain in his eyes in the artwork gets me.

Mister Miracle. Repeatedly.

I had to be careful to not get my tears on the pages.

3 Likes

Superman birth right:
“Mother father I made it”
Gets me every time

1 Like

Ok so I’m a TOTAL noob when it comes to actually reading comics because I’m poor loser and basically read the summaries on Wikipedia :sweat_smile:

BUT. I actually did read Batman Annual #2 ( I think that’s the one) where it’s a flash-forward of Batman and Catwoman’s relationship and marriage. I’m a HUGE BruSelina shipper so just seeing how the two grow old together was everything I wanted in life.

1 Like

@Star0fLyra
God, MM is so good. I might have just been crying the whole way through, honestly. It’s immersive, emotional, and personal in a way that I’ve never felt with anything else I’ve read. It’s also got a full page of Darkseid eating a carrot, which certainly doesn’t hurt.

2 Likes

@legendarychap “find Barry”

Saga. The last issue. No spoilers tho.
And All-Star Superman #10.
I get really connected to Lemire stuff too, but Black Hammer has really come through with the feels.
Also echo Morrison’s final Animal Man issue.

1 Like

Not DC, but the ending of Dan Slott’s Silver Surfer hit me hard even though I could tell from the start it was gonna end in a heartbreaking way. Kill or be Killed got me close

Nightwing and Oracle, I’m a huge DickBabs shipper and finally seeing them together just made me rest up. I dont even care if its not in continuity, it was still so dang beautiful.

1 Like

Aquaman Death of a prince.

I couldn’t imagine if any of my kids were to pass, let alone be murdered. I felt for him and teardrops definitely fell

2 Likes

Crisis on Infinite Earths #7. Supergirl dies. Also since Bendis is with DC now, I’ll mention many issues of his run on Ultimate Spiderman made me cry my butt off.