What comic has made you cry?

I can’t remember the issue I think it was issue 1 of rebirth when Batman is on the jet trying to save everyone and he asks Alfred if his parents would be proud cuz he believes he’s about to die.

1 Like

Amazing Spider-Man 801. Dan Slott’s final issue. It was just a simple story about Spider-Man saving a man’s life, but it also may be the most perfect issue of a comic I’ve ever read.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie here, Jeff Lemire’s Descender

The last page of Superman: Birthright. “Mother, Father… I made it.”

2 Likes

SPOILERS

The death of Morpheus in Sandman #69.
3 Likes

Death of Captain marvel in the graphic novel of the same name and the death of Superboy.

1 Like

P.S. It is not a comic…Wally West’s death or whatever in Young Justice invasion.

2 Likes

I was just coming to say that same moment, @Applejack!

And guys, spoiler warnings work better if you specify what comic you’re going to spoil :nerd_face:

1 Like

I erm… didn’t put a spoiler warning :see_no_evil: I’ll delete and post again!

1 Like

For The Man Who Has Everything by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons
SPOILER WARNING

Superman Annual #11 (1985)

Those panels where he’s explaining to his son that he knows this dream isn’t real. I can be having a perfectly normal day, pick this comic up, and urk

5 Likes

The end of Animal Man by Grant Morrison gets me every time. I currently have the series downloaded and will not delete it because it’s no longer here. Please bring it back DC!

3 Likes

Last issue of Sweet Tooth got me hard. Also end of Morrison’s Animal Man

3 Likes

So damn many but top of mind is CRISIS #7 and #8 which featured the deaths of Supergirl and Barry Allen respectively in spectacular fashion each. Really all of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS touched me because Marv Wolfman and George Perez created a true saga of gods, heroes, and men that made me understand as a teenager that comics could be true mythology.

Other books or scenes for me are SUPERMAN #75, DETECTIVE COMICS #550, the end of SUPERMAN BEYOND, FINAL CRISIS #7, and in ALL-STAR SUPERMAN when Kal-El stretched out his hand for the tiny Kandorians to go forth and cure the children in the cancer ward. Beautiful

1 Like

All Star Superman

4 Likes

Action Comics (new 52) #13.

A big part of this Halloween issue of action comics deals with Krypto (The Kryptonion hound kept by the House of El) and how he ended up trapped in the Phantom Zone. I won’t give too much away but the issue has moments that are (almost) comparable to the imfamous Futurama episode. You know the one I’m talking about. Don’t act like you don’t.

The issue is a good standalone special (it does connect to the larger story eventually) but check it out. Then read Grant Morrisons whole run on the New 52 Action Comics.

1 Like

As mentioned multiple times all ready. The funeral scene in Identity Crisis, left me choked up. It’s a genuinely beautiful, & grounded moment. I could feel the pain of Tim’s loss. Life offers the opportunity to experience the increadible beauty of connection, & the unforgiving brutality of loss. In a way, they’re one in the same. It’s these shared experiences of beauty, & suffering, that bring us together; revealing a living wholeness within the depths of emptiness.

2 Likes

Death of Superman, Infinite Crisis (Death of Superboy), and Identity Crisis (Twice…murder/funeral of Sue Dibney and the Death of Tim Drake’s Dad)

2 Likes

Probably kingdom come. The story being told combined with the art just does things to you man.

1 Like

Looking at reponses

Bizarro’s deckine in Red Hood and rhe Outlaws especially the Superman doll.

Otherwise i think it was the Zero Hour Crisis.

There are two sets of Legionaires, one older, the other much younger.

They are told that they must die for the Universe to live.

They agree.

The deaths start with those who are couples, hetro or gay.

The younger Bouncing Boy sees the older with Duo Damsel and says “i could have had that?” Referring to Truplicate Girl. The older replies “coulda shouda woulda.” as the five hold hands and fade out.

Soon it is the two sets of the original threesome. They shout out “long live the Legion” as they fade out and the last page turns to white.

Its stupid but i am crying as i type this, especially since the Legion wasnt real and would came back soon, with an origin that did not include Superboy or Supergirl.

Its just when you get old you think about how you cant do things you could before and that soon you must start to set your affairs in order and go out without whining, hopefully without being a burden, with some kind of legacy.

They were still young but they went out well. We all should go out the same.

3 Likes

Sorry, my comment wasn’t directed at you (or anyone specific), @Applejack :slight_smile:

I probably already said it in this very thread, but it’s made me cry more than once, so I’ll say it more than once: HITMAN #34. It makes Superman such a sad figure!