What comic has made you cry?

Was there ever a comic or situation in a comic that made you cry?

8 Likes

Yes but it was a dark horse one shot by Jeff Lemire

1 Like

The end of The Fall of The Batmen in Detective Comics Rebirth

2 Likes

All Star Superman and the end of I Am Bane. MAYBE Mr. Miracle. What about you, @christopherthigpen?

1 Like

That thing thing that happened to RR at the end of Detective Comics Rebirth Volume 1.

2 Likes

Starman #73, such a great issue.

1 Like

All-Star Superman is just full of those moments, from seeing Pa Kent’s death to Superman saving the woman committing suicide.

6 Likes

I completely agree, All Star Superman

4 Likes

Superman v2 #75 made me tear up, while #212 from the same series touched my heart.

4 Likes

Tynion’s run on Detective Comics, when Cassandra tears the bat symbol off Kate’s chest. Cass’s feelings hurt and betrayal just radiates off the page.

4 Likes

Identity Crisis the murder and funeral of Sue Dibny is one of most emotional moments in comics I have read. It did a great job building up showing how much Ralph loved her, to just give the ready a “bag over the head and punch in the face”

4 Likes

Identity Crisis has major issues, but I totally agree that the actual emotional fallout of what happened with Sue works. The funeral scene comes to mind, where Ralph is both emotionally and physically trying to hold himself together.

identitycrisis1.jpg

4 Likes

I forgot Hitman #34! Superman exposes his vulnerability. So good.

1 Like

When someone dies in the Graduation Day storyline. Every single time I get to it I cry :sob: the words said right before it and the build up gets to me. Same character also made me cry when they were in Justice League and the words Robinson wrote was about how the character wanted to go away for a bit. It made me cry because it felt like the end of comics for me, at that time. A final chapter, if you will. I eventually came back, but never felt the same again.

4 Likes

The story that really hit me in the feels recently was “How Do You Solve a Problem Like Bizarro” from Rebirth’s Red Hood and the Outlaws. Before that I literally cried when Jason Todd was killed. I was extremely angry about the stunt involved there, which I though was tasteless, but his death itself still struck me really hard at the time and it still does to some degree whenever it is revisited in a flashback.

4 Likes

Doomsday killing Superman.

3 Likes

Shoot there has been a couple. Recently it was flashpoint by Geoff Johns.

2 Likes

Green Arrow’s death in Injustice

2 Likes

Don’t forget spoiler warnings for specific plot points!

3 Likes

DC Rebirth#1 of course! Wally and Barry hugging gets me every time.

5 Likes