What Comic Do You Regret Reading?

I think that is most peoples experience with the Golden Age. I love the Golden Age heros but unless you can appreciate the old stories for what they are, they have not aged well in style and their storytelling not just in being outdated in so many ways.

4 Likes

Some are so bad their good (Detective Comics 38) or bad but interesting (Detective Comics 27). One of the few I really enjoyed is Green Lanternā€™s first appearence.

2 Likes

It says a lot when the ONLY Batman I would recommend is Long Halloween :grimacing::grimacing::grin: Not even its sequel Dark Victory - It didnā€™t thrill me and I was bored.

3 Likes

ā€¦really??? I loved both Long Halloween and dark victory.

Do you not like Batman or something?

4 Likes

Now that you mention itā€¦ no not really. I think heā€™s an abusive, manipulative, toxic, douche on top of being a terrible father. But if DC actually put in the work to fix those things and never do them again that would change. The best version of Batman as a character has been BTAS. And well none of that has translated into the comicsā€¦

3 Likes

Besides dick grayson(ironically who is part of the batman mythos)

What characters do you like?

3 Likes

I said I dislike BATMAN not Nightwing. Being apart of the mythos has NOTHING to do with it. Now to answer your question:

Wonder Woman, Zatanna (who needs a new solo title btw cuz JLD ainā€™t cutting it), Titans (but only the OG sidekicks and New Teen Titans versions I donā€™t count any other team as Titans theyā€™re just rip offs). Yeah thatā€™s really it.
Hell, I donā€™t even like Superman! Heā€™s a :cat:. But a friend of mine knowing how I feel about him recommended Birthright and assured me it was everything Iā€™ve been looking for in the character. So maybe thereā€™s hope for him.
Iā€™ll eventually try diving into Aquaman. But other than that no other characters interest me.

3 Likes

I know I just said I thought it was ironic since dick grayson started out in batman comics. If it werenā€™t for batman, who knows if dick grayson would be here.

Supermanā€™s a cat? Hopefully you enjoy.

I havenā€™t read anything aquaman related either but apparently Geoff johns run the character is really good.

3 Likes

The emoji replaces a curse wordā€¦ :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Itā€™s not ironic at all considering his treatment of Dick and the rest of his ā€œsonsā€ is part of the reason I donā€™t like him. Dick just so happens to get it more than the rest of them and one of them is a ficking serial killer for Godā€™s sakes but somehow everyone (including Batman) just ignores it. But I digress.

I heard the same thing about Aquaman as well.

3 Likes

iā€™m pretty sure Damian has a high enough body count to qualify as a serial killer( 3 or more people), actually by that definition a lot of heroes could qualify as serial killers if

3 Likes

I regret reading Batman vs Raā€™s al Ghulā€¦
I only finished it because I wanted to see where this trainwreck was heading and i want my time back. the characters feel like caricatures and make bad decision after bad decision. Tim and Damian look and act the same

5 Likes

I wonder if Adams got confused by the adaptations of ā€œDamianā€ where he is Tim on all but name.

4 Likes

The Zenoscape Wonderland Omnibus. I love Alice in Wonderland and thought this looked interesting. It was not. It was ultra-violent to a level of absolute pointlessness, it was so hyper-sexualized it became actually annoying, and it was trying to be shocking but just ended up being gross. I didnā€™t finish the omnibus. The only saving grace was it was 80% off, but now I know why.

8 Likes

Yeah he is one too and I love how you knew I wasnā€™t referring to him but rather Jason :rofl::rofl::rofl:. And Iā€™m talking deliberate murder, not Iā€™m so sorry I failed to save them or my archnemisis blew up the city and now all the deaths are my fault. Jason and Damian choose to kill people. Hell, you could argue they enjoy it. They are serial killers, probably sociopaths as well or maybe just psychotic.

You can not be a hero and commit murder. Murder is not a good thing (unless itā€™s the legal death penalty thatā€™s different)

3 Likes

Tempest. It really confused me, especially because it tied in with the Aquaman comics at that time.

1 Like

yeah Jason enjoys killing more than say Hunteress who does it but then regrets it and feels remorse, also this is making me think of the whole Wonderwoman max lord thing,

4 Likes

Scooby Apocalypse

Regret is the wrong word. Personally I didnā€™t like the ending. But the series itself was very good.

When I think about it, I could post this comment about Game of Thrones, too :grin:.

6 Likes

Impulse.

I loved it. It was such a great series. And then the last issue happenedā€¦

That last issue was god-awful. Like I literally went looking for the ā€œnext issueā€ because I couldnā€™t believe theyā€™d end it so horribly.

2 Likes

Just reread the Stargirl issue so it ends there.
S132

3 Likes

Hush. It started off with a decent mystery but that ending was awful. It was the red herring all along? And even then itā€™s not confirmed as to leave a little doubt for a sequel that doesnā€™t happenā€¦weā€™d have to wait for an arc in Gotham Knights for that. Plus the stuff with the Riddler that happens off panel didnā€™t do it for me.

I spent about a year buying each issue as it came out and by the end I realized it was more of a showcase for Jim Leeā€™s art than a well crafted Jeff Loeb story. And DC learned the wrong lessons from this, doubling down on Lee (who Iā€™ve really grown to dislike over the years), putting the superstar creator before the story, and gave rise to an era of DC I did not enjoyā€¦even before Identity Crisis.

I regret reading Hush because I contributed to the problem.

3 Likes