What are your Tips or Tricks for Using the DC Universe Infinite App?

Very nice thread. I know the minimum to survive. I’ve just been playing around & figuring stuff out as I go. Nothing that anyone wouldn’t already know tho. I know what Kelex taught me, lol.

1 Like

On Android, I sometimes get a picture of Alfred when the next panel fails to load. This is never an issue on my desktop/browser. Is this an Android thing, or does it also happen on iOS. Willing to jump ships when my phone breaks.

3 Likes

@chris1Superman It happens with IOS too. I have an iPad and it happens to me.

1 Like

That doesn’t happen if you download the comics before reading them.

4 Likes

It’s trying to do a get ahead and you hit a point where the network stack hasn’t been reactivated by the code. Half the time it will get out of it’s funk and the other half it just keeps rendered Jeeves. At that point you need to kill the app and come back in. There’s some weak points in the app for sure that I’d love to get my hands on the code for, but due to all the things that it gets right, I keep coming back to it.

@50710 call out for predownloading books is definitely another work around, but it’s not readily accessible when I’m reading it form the Series starting point binging through. You could go in and pre download the next 5 or so then start your binge, then repeat that process if you’re noticing an increase in errors.

1 Like

I never go with read next for the same reasons, I use the back arrow each issue. This works on my Fire tablet because wits always the next issue that shows up in my Dive Back In row once I’ve completed one.

1 Like

If predownloading is all it takes to enjoy comics while not at my desk, it will do. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Can you filter by read/unread like marvel unlimited? I see the option to mark a book as read but then nothing happens? I want to have a list where I can see my next unread book.

9 Likes

I noticed the other week. If u type in a category then type the same word as anyone used to find the category. It puts a black block around the word. To fix it, if u just push edit, it automatically erase that black surrounding the word. You don’t have to actually edit. Just push edit & it fixes the word. To correct just hit edit button then hit save edit & all the black blocks disappear, u don’t have to edit anything.

1 Like

I find the Encyclopedia feature to be extremely helpful. Easily find related content based on a character.

1 Like

TIL that if you click the number under the thumbs-up like button on someone else’s post, you can see who thanked the post. I already knew that you could click the like button on your own post to see who liked it, but I didn’t know that you could do that for others’ posts. Neat.

(Sorry if this was obvious to everyone else, but I just discovered it myself. It’s kind of like a hidden feature.)

2 Likes

I need to DM someone about something I’m doing, but I don’t know how to do it. You have any advice here on this app usage advice column?

2 Likes

Depends on what you’re doing, I’m not sure if misreading it, or just flat out can’t understand.

1 Like

Someone said to send them a DM on work I volunteered to do for the DCW. But I don’t know how to do that,

2 Likes

Click on their name, and then click message.

1 Like

Anyone else having trouble getting the App to load on an older iPhone? I have trouble shot all recommended ways and I still can’t get it to load

2 Likes

Do you know of a way to get rid of shows from your continue watching. I started a show that I did not enjoy and now its just stuck on continue watching. Is there a viewing history like net flix? So I can remove anything from history.

1 Like

Are there plans to do comics on tape?? I would be interested in listening to them while i drive to work every day.

1 Like

Hello! I was seeing DC Universe on my new 75" 4K and reading books on it too, like a GIANT Kindle. NOW, the app is gone and doesn’t work with infinite. HOW do I get back to reading all the awesome comic books on my large screen??!??!? I’m suffering without it. When I look at it on a tablet now, it is painful. I want the 75" screen working with it. Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this question. It is my first comment on the community forum.

2 Likes

Hi @FuzzGoblin, thanks for posting! I think you’ve probably already seen this answered, but DC Universe Infinite doesn’t offer support for TV devices. We have more information about this here.

1 Like