What Are You Currently Reading?

2 Likes

I just finished the 24 issues of Generation Lost.

When I first read Blackest Night/Brightest Day I mostly shrugged off all the tie ins that came with it. Between the two there’s well over 200 issues. It’s just insane.

These 24 were well worth it though. I actually wish it was longer. Along with Heroes in Crisis it’s an absolute must read for Booster Gold fans. I need to go back and read some older JLI stuff now that I know what I’ve been missing.

6 Likes

Beaverland, a nonfiction book about beavers.

6 Likes

Not so much the art, but I am enjoying the Jon and Dick play at detective at the circus backup to the current Nightwing; I wasn’t even aware that they were doing backups in this book since the last time I looked at a floppy (probably the puppy issue?), it didn’t have any.

I also really enjoyed the Super Kids - The Next Generation story in the most recent Flash and am looking forward to that being collected so I can get the context. I was annoyed that Jon consider the demon spawn his hero. Writers making all these revisionist statements is annoying. They became friends and partners. There was and is nothing wrong with that. Nothing more really needed to be added to either defend the Demon Spawn (and frankly that’s also a horse that’s been past being beaten to dead since it was actually buried several years back).

I read it for that reason, albeit I was confused a bit at that start, since I’ve avoided and ignored the OG neck snap for multiple reasons. And I was coming to read it after having read 52 and the entire post 52 run of Booster Gold v2.

But you’re right, it was a great collection.

Art changes in general can be jarring, I found the same thing with Super Sons first volume and with New Super-Man, I’m sure there are others but those two come to mind since I ended up purchasing the collections. I agree with you about Roosmo and in general and also DC You was nowhere near as bad as a lot of people claim in general.

4 Likes

I went from reading Astro City, which I followed up with Superman: Secret Identity and Batman: Creature of the Night (both excellent)… to Marvel’s 1989 Atlantis Attacks annuals series. Like going from eating prime rib to ground chuck.

7 Likes

Happy Cake Day @StrangeVisitor!

3 Likes

Happy anniversary @StrangeVisitor!

3 Likes

@scoop001 @SteveTrevor2.0 Thank you both!

5 Likes

Happy DCUI Anniversary @StrangeVisitor! Thanks for being a great member of the community. :cake: :smile:

5 Likes

Happy Anniversary @StrangeVisitor :tada:

4 Likes

Read Batman 89

Liked it. Similar sense of Supes 78 as a third in the movies. Cool take on robin. Really Liked two face in this. Overall a nice read.

2 Likes

Very nice schoop and thank you.

@Shayera.Hol

3 Likes

3 Likes

What are your thoughts?

3 Likes

Read a bit of Grant/Breyfogle’s Detective Comics

I like that part of Tim Drake’s devlopment is discovering how different he is from Bruce.

Also, gotta love Gordan.

3 Likes

The Killing Joke is one of those “evergreen” books that I will read every couple of years. This time around was in preparation to read the series of One Bad Day one-shots.

It still holds up for me and once again, I will be reading it again in a year or two. That being said, I still don’t like what it does to Barbara, even if we got her transformation into Oracle out of it. It was also interesting since I think this was my first time reading it post-Killing Joke animated film, as well as the Three Jokers. Those stories really have changed my perception of the story, in some good and in some bad ways.

5 Likes

Cool, I might read those One Bad Day Stories. I know I want to read the Ra’s al Ghul one I pre ordered it.

3 Likes

Very curious to hear what the changes, good and bad, are!

3 Likes

Decided to take the plunge and read something non-Wonder Woman. Decided to go with the Superman Warworld saga. It’s been fun so far.

6 Likes

I finished that a little while back! I really liked it. The Superman comics have all been excellent for a while now. :slight_smile:

5 Likes