What Are You Currently Reading?

I haven’t read it yet.

Don’t tell MatthewHecht…

4 Likes

Been reading through some Marvel comics. Specifically, the last few issues of PAD’s Hulk.
Adam Kubert’s art is great

6 Likes

Been reading Power Company. I love the idea of ‘privatized superhero company’ as a concept even though these books are seemingly always doomed to fail.

This series was sadly no exception, biting the dust after eighteen issues. But what we did get was spectacular. Kurt Busiek wrote this glorious piece and it was a classic example of his amazing talent at work. A true treat to read.

Sadly I don’t think ive seen any of the new characters in this book introduced anywhere else. Which is a shame because they are all golden. I was especially surprised to have never heard of Josiah Power until now.

A seven foot tall lawyer turned businessman with the power to turn into a stone being with energy powers? And a queer man of color? Why has he not been in more stuff?!
If any character from this series should be included in more things its this guy!

6 Likes

Niente :+1:

3 Likes

I am a huge fan of The Authority. With Midnighter and Apollo helping Superman and Jack Hawksmoor turning up in Swamp Thing, I hopped into my Delorean and went back to 2005. I’m reading The Authority: Revolution, there are some scary parallels to present day in this comic, some horrific panels that you see coming and still don’t want to see. If you don’t smile at Jenny Quantum you are a robot, I’m sorry I’m not going to apologize for that.

5 Likes

Just finished Harley Quinn’s The Reckoning.

4 Likes

I haven’t picked up monthly books in a while, but lately I’ve been reading Rogues. I’m a sucker for the “one last heist” plot, and when you combine it with my favorite “found family” of supervillains, I just can’t resist.
s-l500

8 Likes

Read through some more Marvel comics. So far, Dan Jurgens’ Thor is very good. Might be some of my fav Jurgens writing.

6 Likes

It was a lot of fun! :smiley: :apple: :purple_heart:
xgphC

4 Likes

Read Cyborg series, I thoroughly enjoyed it aside from the Booyahs that were shoehorned in. Don’t know if the changes Victor underwent stuck, I hope so.

Got an urge to read new 52 Team 7. I know it ain’t going to be good, but I can dream

5 Likes

I’m reading All-Star Squadron right now.

9 Likes

I just finished the second and third issues of…

the childhood dream has come true.

4 Likes

Well, I am very new to the dc comic universe so I am clique as heck and currently reading ," a death in the family"…because I am really into the bat family :0! I didn’t know how cool dc was until recently - despite being in a role for superheros for years… It just never clicked with me until now! I plan on reading anything with batman,nightwing, red hood and any robins. That my main focus-but I know there are plenty of goodies besides batman (I know!) but for now, suggest comics that are good for beginners or what to read after "a death in the family’…pick your poison :3

7 Likes

a lonely place of dying, it introduces Tim drake.

6 Likes

The 1988 Starman series. It started the week of my birthday and I was born in Arizona, so why not? The stars have aligned :laughing: Will Payton’s a nice kid, just trying his best.

6 Likes

:tada: Welcome to the community @xxcyndernorthxx!!! :tada:

8 Likes

Welcome to the community! Lots of good Bat stuff out there. I love The Dark Knight Returns, if you haven’t read that yet.

6 Likes

Hi, I’m currently reading Trinity 2008.

4 Likes

Season Two of Naomi, really enjoying it!

6 Likes

i am curently reading green lantern by geoff johns book 3 which is the sinestro corps war which is really good and i also got book 4 im also reading some invincible and some ongoning stuff like flash batman amazing spiderman and avengers and shadow war in single issues

4 Likes