What Are You Currently Reading?

Just finished Wildstorm: World’s End. Much better than Blackest Night, I think, and spread out over fewer books. Couple of times I felt that I was reading the same story in a different book and making sense of the backup story was damn near impossible.

3 Likes

I picked up Strange Adventures recently, it was interesting me on Infinite but the hardcover won me over. Not only does the slip cover have textured faux-wear but the hardcover is a replica of the memoir of the same name in the story and I love replica stuff.

4 Likes

Read All the future state event. Feel more like a long anthology over an event but was still cool. Filled with all the nice dystopian future fun.

I’d say the he Gotham stuff was probably my favorite as it felt more intertwined with Sirens red hood and dark detective as probably my top 3 of Gotham.

Swamp things was great. And the Legion’s for my first legion thing read made me want to read more legion. The new league is pretty cool liked there dynamic. Immortal Wonder Woman was amazing. Sad yet hopeful. And beautiful art. Just really great.

Overall fun action packed emotional tales of DC’s possible future with mystery and amazing variety of art.

5 Likes

I’m reading Promethea. I read maybe a dozen issues back in the day, but now I want to finish it. There’s a page, IYKYK what page I’m talking about, that adds to my dread with every mouse click. Even when I know “the page” isn’t next.

5 Likes

Well, now I’m curious what’s so dreadful about this mysterious page…

4 Likes

14 issues of Promethea later and I’ve learned a bit about tarot, magic, Jewish metaphysics, and whatnot. On the cover of issue 15 there’s a thanks to Escher and I’m filled with dread. Index tells me that “the page” is a splash of 6 & 7 I want to stop.

Best friend who is the only reason I’m reading this book, informs me that the last issue is kookoo for Coco puffs bat guano crazy that can be read several different ways. Can I get a GoFundMe for more whiskey?

4 Likes

Read more Marvel comics. Dennis O Neil’s Iron Man was a major highlight.

5 Likes

Catwoman: Lonely City

7 Likes

Currently reading and enjoying Roy Thomas’s run on The Invaders/Liberty Legion. (Am I allowed to say that I’m reading Marvel comics here? I read and like both Marvel and DC. When I get tired of one, I switch back to the other.) Last summer, I read Roy Thomas’s DC “Nostalgia-verse” series (All-Star Squadron/Infinity, Inc./Young All-Stars, plus the associated events, limited series, Golden Age issues of Secret Origins, etc.), so this year I’m reading the Marvel equivalent. It’s fun to think that both series could potentially take place in the same universe, with the All-Star Squadron protecting the home front, while Cap, Namor, Torch & Co. take the fight overseas. Oh, and Invaders #16 has just about the best cliffhanger ending to a comic book that I’ve ever seen. After that, I will be reading the subsequent Invaders series that came out in later years, then probably switch back to DC.

4 Likes

I just caught up a bit on Daredevil with Devil’s Reign and Woman Without Fear, plus a bit of Punisher. Zdarsky is doing an amazing job - so excited for him on Batman. Punisher, on the other hand, is just a horrible mess.

4 Likes

I’m still reading 52 , but recently finished X-Men Days of Future Past and House of M by Bendis

Also Batman: Wayne Family Adventures &
Vixen NYC on Webtoon

5 Likes

teen justice, batman, Batman Wayne family adventures, :arrow_left:needs more :batman_hv_1: :catwoman_hv_4: Vixen NYC, DC pride 2022, batman beyond neo year, dark crisis…batman killing time, dark knights of steel, teen justice, all finished
just need to read my copy of AQUAMAN: ANDROMEDA #1

4 Likes

I am currently reading Batman: Legend Of The Dark Knight. It is a pretty good series and I really recommend it.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums! You can’t go wrong with Legend of the Dark Knight.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Nickbattman! It’s great to have you here.I’m not 100% sure I’ve read that yet, but I’ve only heard good things about it. Please let us know if there’s ever anything we can help you with. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Read Festival of Heroes. Very awesome™:+1:. A lot of cool stories. I’d say Casse’s solo and Clayface one were my favorites. Emiko’s was fun. Connors was cool. And a nice intro to Monkey Prince.

Stargirl Springbreak. Fun special and nice set up. Like the explanation for classic Arrow.

Both Pride books. A lot of cools Stories in these. Dreamers was great made me miss Suoergirl. And Jess and Andy’s was sweet. Kates mirror one was cool liked the style of it. Connor again had a really cool one. Really like Jos detective noir fun. Would definitely like to read more of he black white and green mysteries. And Kevin Coneroy’s was amazing. What he went through and how it connected to Batman was really cool.

3 Likes

All done with Promethea. Proud of myself for finishing it. Definitely a challenging read for a variety of reasons, you might learn something and have Aleister Crowley stare into your soul.

Disappointed with rebirth Cyborg forgetting all the cool stuff he learned in his miniseries.

5 Likes

Finished 52 and read 52:Aftermath The Four Horsemen. Horsemen was good.

Half way through Earth-Prime #3 Legends of Tomorrow!

4 Likes

Read some Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League. It is shame that DeMatteis did not write Justice League Europe very long, because he is one of the best at writing grown up superhero romances, which seems to be more of a focus here then JLA.

5 Likes

Started reading The New 52!! I’ve read Superman, Storm Watch, The Savage Hawkman, Nightwing 1st issues, Deathstroke up next!

5 Likes