What Are You Currently Reading?

80 Years of the Fastest Man Alive. Currently reading the first crossover between Barry Allen and Jay Garrick.

So,so much. A nice DC deep cut current fave, CHASE. Good stuff.

3 Likes

Read the Black Adam: The Dark Age mini-series.

I liked it and it made me want to dive back into that era of the JSA books.

1 Like

As I continue to catch up on stuff, I finally got around to the final four issues of Far Sector today. This is the first comic I’ve bought in print since 2011 (I went all digital when The New 52 started) and I was reading it month by month until the schedule slowed down with the pandemic went I decided to wait for it to finish before reading. Then I got busy with other stuff and it took me this long to finally go back to it.

Anyway, I read the final issues today and really enjoyed them and the series as a whole. Jo Mullein is a worthy addition to the (admittedly overcrowded) group of human Green Lanterns, and the writing and art were spectacular beginning to end.

1 Like

Just finished the dark knights of steel blew my mind with how they ended it.

3 Likes

Currently Revising Crisis on infinite earth, Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis. Year of the villain. I go back and forth with with new and old comics.

I found every issues for the above crisis. putting the reading order together was hell but it was worth it at the end. Favorite Hero Hal Jordan :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Read Crisis on Infinite Earths earlier this week for the first time, and damn was it dense! Unreal art though, Perez is a true art master. Now currently reading Infinite Crisis and very surprised at how much I’m enjoying it! Obviously the cynical part of me says that it’s disrespectful to the original story to have Alex Luthor, Earth-2 Superman, and Superboy Prime come back as villains after such a good sendoff, but I have to say the story is so intriguing and the motivations so interesting I am able to buy it anyway.

1 Like

I am reading Superman who was written by Brian Michael Bendis and it was a great run. I am also reading Wonder Woman during the Perez era, JLA, and going to read American Vampire.

2 Likes

Am currently binging JSA, very slowly but am about halfway through. Love that series but been a long time since I have read it so feels fairly fresh even though I get to bits and pieces that are familiar.

1 Like

did you read identity crisis before infinite crisis? I highly recommend that you do since a lot of the events in infinite crisis keep being refer back to identity crisis.

1 Like

I have started reading the George Perez Wonder Woman.

1 Like

Did you like the issue overall? I was intrigued as soon as I heard it was DC and high fantasy, which are two of my favorite things combined. I’m really liking it, especially with the possibilities of who the “Green Man” might be. :slight_smile: I was trying to cut back on my comic purchasing but I might have to make an exception for this series.

1 Like

oh, I greatly enjoyed it. i am looking forward to issuing two. although right now I classify it more as a ‘historical drama’ than High fantasy for the first issue as we have yet to get into more fantasy elements which I am sure will come in later. just the twist I mentioned makes it worth picking up. I am trying really hard not to spoil it.

Side note I like that the swords are somewhat historically accurate to the middle ages than some big broad fantasy weapons.

2 Likes

That is a good point. It is a lot more grounded and “realistic”, so far at least, than I expected going in. Which I really enjoyed.

3 Likes

2005-2011 ERA of DC comics was SOOO GOOODDDDD!!! Manhunter was awesome. I have every title and issue from rebirth-Infinite frontier etc. but I keep going back to the old comics. so far this month I have read 25Kish pages.

To anyone reading for the first time, Yes the big 3 (batman superman and wonder woman) are amazing comics but do not sleep on Hal Jordan, Wally or Barry Allen. Sooo GooooooD!!!

2 Likes

Read the first issue of Tom King’s Human Target miniseries and loved it. Christopher Chance joins Adam Strange, Scott Free, and Kyle Rayner on the list of underused characters I absolutely love that King has featured in his work, and I can’t wait to see where this story goes.

3 Likes

Just re read Preacher,. Then started on John’s run of Green Lantern for a bit, then decided I should read some “newer” GL so started on Hal Jordan and the GL Corps rebirth. Did about 20 issues of that, needed to mix it up a bit so read Sandman for the first time LOVED it. Tried to start reading the Superman triangle eras but the app isn’t loading the next issues correctly and being that I’m a lazy man if anything moved onto the newest runs of Tales of the Dark Knight. Also read all the Joker puzzle boxes on here. Also been reading the Last Don by Mario Puzzo it’s pretty crappy. That’s what I’ve been up to for the past 3 weeks

2 Likes

I have been complaining about DC Current Comics

But with my weak vision have only been scanning through them

Which is not fair to the Titles.

So I took 28 current titles and started to read them

Main omission is Batman.and Detective right now

Here is my reviews

Read Up to Current Issue
Via Comixology
Unlimited

Batman Adventures Continues
Great
Easy to Read
Even on my Cellphone

Batman 89
Very good three issues
Moving fast
An emphasis on Harvey Dent
Not clear how old Bruce is

Action
Nice set up for WarWorld
Superman looks older because of weakness due to radiation poisoning
Makes stakes higher

Wonder Woman Black and Gold
Vignettes on all the various Wonder Women
World War II
Without powers
Etc
Not bad at all

In progress

Teen Titans Academy
Teen Titans United
Nowhere as good as
Wolfman and Johns
But readable
New Kids not as bad as I feared

Green Lantern Yellow Jessica Cruz issue was outstanding

Nightwing
Not terrible but not Taylor’s best work in early issues

Wonder Woman
Still reading her in Asgard
Pretty Good

Batman Urban Legends
Cost 7.99
But 71 pages
Expensive but combining Gotham characters in one book great idea
Only first issue so far
Finally a comic
You could spend hours with
Worth the money

18 other series to go

3 Likes

I am working my way through the Seven Soldiers storyline by Grant Morrison. Some very strange stuff so far, which I expect from him. Also a lot of art I don’t care for, which is unfortunately often the case.

3 Likes

I’m trying to finish the Impulse series by my birthday (December 5th).

Wish me luck!!

3 Likes