What are the main reasons you think Batman will NEVER kill The Joker?

Batman does not and should not kill.

If bats kills the joker then he gives the joker exactly what he wants… to be the hero that he is what justifies Batman in his vigilante acts is because he doesn’t kill the villains and instead will turn them in. So if bats were to kill the joker, the joker then proves that Batman is no better than the joker is he isn’t trying to beat Batman he’s trying to strip him of his moral high ground and make Batman seem just as bad as himself because the both crosses that thin line.

1 Like

The Joker (and other super villains) are each one of Bruce Wayne’s personalities that was created by the trauma of his parents’ death… and Arkham is where Bruce has been receiving psychological treatments ever since

Because like it or not, Batman is not sane, at least not really. That’s not to say he’s psychotic, but he has to be insane to do what he does for as long as he’s done it. The thing is, he doesn’t see it and/oe cannot accept it. But here’s a certifiable psychopath in the Joker, whose crazy far exceeds Batman’s, and if Joker ever died, Batman would have no one to help him feel like he’s not insane, no one to focus his insanity on and channel it.

The Joker is a mirror of Batman. If Batman were to give up on the Joker and kill him then he would be accepting that he (Bruce) cannot be helped and the bat persona is a farce. This applies to many in the bat’s rogue gallery as the main ones are fractions of Buruce’s psyche.

1 Like

The Joker is mentally ill. Batman has to take his sickness into account and killing him for a disease wouldn’t be deemed morally acceptable in the eyes of Batman. He also isn’t a judge, jury, or executioner. Batman feels he has to respect the laws that society lives by. That means that he has to go through the court system and that his peers will find him guilty and the state will deem what is necessary.

1 Like

This is a phenomenal debate question!!!

1 Like

I think it comes down to the simple fact that Bruce’s love and respect for his parents far exceeds that of anything the Joker can and has done. If Batman does kill the Joker or anyone for that matter, I believe he feels like he will be equivalent to the thug that killed his parents. If he kills, then he would have to kill himself, because he becomes no better than the scum of Gotham.

1 Like

Watch under the red hood lol

Because they need each other without one there can’t be the other. For every good there is an evil.

Batman has killed the joker a few times just in different earths.

I think whatever his reasons its ultimately selfish. The Joker is a callous degranged individual with no regards for the lives of others.

1 Like

Bruce Wayne became Batman to deal with the trauma of his murdered parents. The core of his character is a reaction against murder. He’s not going to turn around and start committing the same act that galvanized his entire crusade against crime.

2 Likes

I personally think The main New52 universe Batman wouldn’t kill The Joker because Batman deep down wants to continue fighting and outmaneuvering Joker, one will can not be without the other.

1 Like

In Certain universes batman has killed the joker and all of them have turned out to be bad I think the reason why he won’t kill the joker is because he knows he can’t cross that line however the reason why he hasn’t asked Superman to put him in the phantom zone I don’t know

4 Likes

The answer can be found in Batman: Under the Red Hood.

1 Like

He’s so physically equipped to just beat the crap out of Joker that the experience is possibly a cathartic release for him. Despite early issues of Detective Comics depicting Batman as armed with a .45, the loss of his parents by this method instilled in him an aversion to guns. All life has meaning, even if others are willing to lead their lives in a meaningless way.

2 Likes

He enjoys persecuting mentally handicapped people too much to kill them.

1 Like

2 halves of the same coin.
What would heroes be without a great villain?

1 Like

It’s against his deepest morals to commit a senseless murder. He became Batman in the first place to avenge his parents’ being killed. To just go out and take a life would make him no better than the criminals he’s fighting!

1 Like