What are the main reasons you think Batman will NEVER kill The Joker?

It is Batman’s belief that murder is wrong, and I for one agree with him. That being said self defense would be allowed, but Batman is so damn capable that he has never had to resort to that level of lethal force.

Because you basically rob Batman of his most prominent weakness. Some of his best stories are when a villian exploits his no kill rule as a weakness. You ever se Dark Knight? Joker puts Bats in the position of revealing himself or be the reason for murders. Indirectly, he would be breaking his no kill rule.

He is secretly in love with the joker. Opposites attract.

1 Like

If he kills the Joker, he ends up just like him. A killer. It starts with Joker. He goes past a point he swore he’d never go past- taking someone’s life. If he breaks that limit, it all goes downhill.

2 Likes

He is afraid that once he starts he won’t stop. If he was ever to cross the line there would be no return.

2 Likes

I think He struggles with crossing the line by killing joker I believe he knows the joker will always gonna be a thorn in his side, but holds out on crossing the line due to the fact he believes the jokers psycho life will someday take the jokers life at someone else’s hand

Batman justified his non killings with logical fallacies like the slippery slope and false comparison.

Because it would be too easy of an escape for Joker. Batman is not about to let that monster off so easily after everything he’s done. Batman tortures Joker by beating him senseless over and over, foiling his plans, or just ruining his fun and letting him live ultimately, so he can do it again. That’s the Joker’s real punishment, life, but a life of Failure at the hands of the Batman, and that is a fate worse than death.

Because the writers don’t know what they’re doing and use the BS argument that the man with great will power would lose his will power if he killed one guy. Instead he lets him live and kill hundreds more because of poor writing. DC doesn’t want to get rid of Joker, but they keep trying to make Joker more and more evil and kill more people. If they won’t let Joker die no matter what, then they need to dial him back a bit, he doesn’t need to be murdering hundreds of people every story arc.

It’s pretty simple Joker is what keep Batman going they are equals and when they fight they are whole one can’t survive without the other

1 Like

One could not function without the other

Batman is one bad day away from becoming the joker…besides he needs these villains to continue being Batman. He is afraid that he will be insignificant. Yeah, Batman is overrated.

Because Batman is not a murderer.

If he kills joker then something inside him will snap. He’s already on the verge. If he kills joker then he won’t stop killing

Because he realizes that if he were to kill anyone, especially The Joker, he would realize how much he truly enjoyed it, starting on a murderous rampage and becoming nothing more than a killer who hunts other criminals, making him no better than the people he fights as well as bring that much more darkness to Gotham…

I think Batman knows if he kills the Joker, he won’t be able to stop. Not because he enjoys it, but because it saves lives. If he kills the Joker, he can justify killing Croc. Harley. Ivy. Penguin. Two-Face. Then the mooks. It’s how he is.

3 Likes

He needs the joker. Ying and yang

It would be too easy. Then after the Joker why not kill Penguin Two-Face Riddler Bane anyone of them. He would essentially become one of them and lose his stature as a good man.

I think LEGO Batman covered this: he actually loves the Joker!

1 Like

Because look what happened to Superman when he killed the Joker.