What are the main reasons you think Batman will NEVER kill The Joker?

Batman will not kill the Joker for the reason that if he was to kill Joker, Batman becomes no different than the criminals he goes against. This a fight where both don’t want to kill each other, keone because of morals and another because he doesn’t want this conflict to end.

2 Likes

Because the joker gives creedance to batman’s existence and vice versa they need each other.

1 Like

Batmam should kill the joker it’s why Superman was right in injustice

Because Joker is a gold mine for DC.

1 Like

Because even tho batman is a vigilante and doesn’t always follow by the book he still ain’t no criminal he’s never going to stick to jokers level on killing cuz thats what the joker wants if he kills him the joker wins batman still goes by the book of law that killing is still and always will be the worst crime of all. Plus he knows if he kills him is going to hunt him forever!

I believe it is kind of deep. I believe Batman wants to try to save as much people as he can, even if they are vile like the joker. Also even without the Joker Batman still exist. Batman just does not want to stoop to the Joker level by any means.

1 Like

I read a fan theory once that the joker is basically a Bruce Wayne time remnant that had to kill his own parents so he could become the Batman and it drove him insane. I thought that was a good explanation as to why Batman won’t kill joker.

3 Likes

Nice theory, Teenybear411

I think Batman needs the joker as much as the joker needs Batman.

He just doesn’t have it in him he will feel like he went against his main code of honor

1 Like

Because Joker is the most financially profitable villain lol. So DC will never allow Joker to truly die in main continuity.

1 Like

Because if The Batman kills “once” he’ll fall into the abyss and he himself would become the new Joker. The Joker represents the very dark slide of himself. That’s why the Joker is always egging the Batman to kill. If The Batman can save someone like the Joker, then there is tiny hope for himself. Batman is one really bad day from becoming the Joker.

3 Likes

Because no matter how evil a life is, to Batman, life is still a precious thing.

Cumpulsion and fear. Bruce lives by rules that he established early on, and his type of crazy won’t let him break them under any cercumstance. He wants to kill Joker, however his code won’t allow it. If he compromised once, at least in his current mental state, there would be no going back for him. In Dark Knight Returns he was better equipped mentally to deal with taking Jokers life. Not because he was less crazy but because he had gone deeper into his madness by then.