What Are the First Things You’re Reading as Part of DCU Infinite?

New to DCU Infinite, just finished reading the Nightwing 4 issue run from the mid 90’s and probably going to move on to the ongoing series of Nightwing from the same time.

5 Likes

Really liking the new look! Man i almost wanna turn tv off and just read dc all night lol nothing new just continuing new 52 aquaman and greeb lantern. Really enjoying batman gotham nights

5 Likes

Welcome to the DCUI @rpenderle.58827 and @Batman12104! :grinning:

4 Likes

starting with Batman 199.

This comic and I have history.
Way back in 1989 as the Batman movie was fast approaching, I was just getting back into DC’s mainstream Superhero universe after a six year hiatus.
one of my first comic cons was a small local convention in a Stamford motel ballroom with only a few dozen tables. I found one that had old 60’s Batman comics (I still loved the show despite the fact that the 1989 mindset was to dismiss it as an embarrassment) I finger-walked through a few higher priced issues until I came to this one for a mere $9.00 (I was 17 and only had about fifty bucks in my pocket) The main story was a lot of fun and the two backups weren’t bad either.

9 Likes

Either Batman Damned or izombie, two comics I’ve been wanting to read for a long time.

4 Likes

When you’re done with harleen, tell me your opinion on it.

4 Likes

Babs and selina both had backup stories in some 80s detective comics. Say around 540,550. And that led into green arrow back ups with black canary gettin her non-fishnet costume

3 Likes

I didn’t start it yet because I read it before, but it will be Batman Damned, at the moment Im just reading the Batman Zero year storyline from the New 52 era.

3 Likes

Anyone else here reading this?

Because today—in the midst of seemingly dismal years to come—we have access to DCUI!

Everyone, let’s geek out right here! What comics are you going to binge first? What new features are you going to explore? Which mode are you going to be: dark or light?

Post your sentiments down below! Let’s ride off into the sunset in a dramatic fashion as we construct hype for DC’s latest and greatest app!

14 Likes

Have I already read Dceased : Unkillables? Yes. Do I own physical copies? Yes. Am I still gonna reread it tomorrow? Also yes

OK but for real I’m excited to finally read Pennyworth RIP and finishing Titans : Burning Rage

7 Likes

And I’m back! After taking a few months’ break, I’m back for DC Universe Infinite.

Anyone got any comic recommendations for me to start off my return with?

Also, why do I have to leave the app to use the community now? That’s annoying. Like, Bat-Mite levels of annoying.

10 Likes

I appreciated that former Vice President Biden gave that big launch speech for DCUI yesterday, though I did find his language a bit hyperbolic for the premiere of a mere comic book reader.

whisper whisper

My sources are telling me that yesterday’s speech wasn’t about DCUI. Well, we now know who’s a Marvel fan, don’t we?

15 Likes

What do you mean

4 Likes

It is supposed to be like that for convenience’s sake.

3 Likes

Hello…glad there is still a way to post in the Community…just updated the app…and looking around.

5 Likes

Well we’re sure glad to have you here with us!

5 Likes

infinity confirmed

6 Likes

I am so glad you said that, took a minute but I figured out how to switch modes. I do NOT like the white background, at all. Black backgrounds relax me, white is too bright for me. I know it is to match up with dccomics.com, but was not a fan. Glad I can change it in the forums, make it more like I am used to. And seems now the comics can be read in a black background which I like. Wish the page to browse comics had the same option, but sure I will get used to it.

Other then that I am liking what I see.

6 Likes

I think it’s looking good! Love the buttons for easy navigating to the community, comics, shop, etc. Love that dark mode, lol. I was a bit terrified at first because I worried I’d be stuck with the light mode, but I never doubted you, DCU!
What I am looking forward to enjoying: Black Label and Vertigo comics :100:

7 Likes

I have a question that has probably been asked and answered, will Black Label books be in rotation? I notice that there are a lot missing so I was wondering if we will lose the ones we have in favor of the other ones, or if anyone knows?

3 Likes