What Are the First Things You’re Reading as Part of DCU Infinite?

So excited for the :boom: splosion of new comics!

I’m starting off with this beauty!

16 Likes

Great choice- one of my favorite Supergirl stories.

I’m starting with Harleen.

7 Likes

I’m jumping into the Milestone titles (and hoping the whole catalogue eventually gets added).

12 Likes

Probably catch up with the runs I’ve been reading here since they all got a bunch of auditions and the finally read some black label. Probably start with Damned or the Last God.

6 Likes

I’m just gonna keep reading the same stuff I was before: triangle era Superman, Supergirl & the Legion, Bronze Age JLA, Kamandi, Golden Age Batman… I’ll be honest, I was kinda hoping for Sandman Mystery Theatre, and more updates to the incomplete archives.

I’ll probably dive headfirst into Hellblazer pretty soon, or whenever I finish my Swamp Thing read. And Milestone is awesome, that’ll be good, once they have enough of it. But my main interest in DCU and now DCUI was always deep dive archive binges.

4 Likes

DC Classic: The Batman Adventures #1, it’s a same as the other comics with few ads added.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I started with Preacher and Green Lantern Earth One.

6 Likes

Preacher and catching up on the new Green Lantern and Lois Lane.

4 Likes

Hellblazer, been wanting to read it for a while a see why everyone loves John.

6 Likes

Good stuff all around, but it changes a bit with changes in writer. If you get a bit bogged by the early issues, skip up to the Ennis run, and if that doesnt do ya, just jump to the next guy. Its solid all thru, but each new team gives John a new-ish voice. Oh, and I’m friggen stoked those books are gonna find a whole new set of readers!

2 Likes

That’s the plan. Understand the basics, the jump right into Ennis’s run as soon as I can

4 Likes

I’m actually going to start reading v for vendetta and Amethyst

8 Likes

Hadn’t really planned on a Preacher reread any time soon, but was thinking about it at work the other day and then they released it to Infinite and I’m thinking coincidence? I think not. :wink:

6 Likes

I also started off the new site with reading Supergirl Being Super! I really wish there was a follow up to it. There is so much more to that world yet to tell!

3 Likes

Hawkman

6 Likes

I started re-reading the Rann/Thanagar War, starting with the Adam Strange mini-series.
I liked it back in the day, but several things caused me to lose interest.
Chief among them was the space heroes being featured in 52 as one of the stories.
I wasn’t interested in buying the comic every week, especially not knowing how many pages were spent with them.
With DCUniverse, I can flip through all the issues of 52 and just read their appearances. :slight_smile:
And the last Rebels title flew under my radar. I didn’t know it existed until it was ending.

I’m also re-reading Seven Soldiers of Victory by Morrison and Promethea by Moore.

4 Likes

Just gonna’ keep sticking to the Birds Of Prey and Harley’s Crew reading lists for now, then I’ll def finally get caught up on all of the 70s era Batgirl Detective Comics issues that I’ve not gotten a chance to read yet.

4 Likes

I’ll probably start on Hellblazer.

4 Likes

I’m going to read some Joe Kelly Action Comics, first. Great, underrated stuff. Next, I think some Simone stuff…probably Secret Six, maybe some old school BoP. Then some of the newer Bendis stuff…I already read some of his Action, and I loved it, so I can’t wait to see where it goes. I think some Rucka stuff might be in order after that. And then…

I’m clearly very excited by this.

8 Likes

I always start off any new DC thing with Batman​:four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes