Weekly Art Challenge #55 Submission Thread - July 31 - August 7, 2021- The Suicide Squad!

I would but I can’t wait till Monday to try im inpatient lol :laughing:

4 Likes

Ah gotcha…I understand :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Nice work, like NY said the pose is good and so are his boots. Plus I like you have the dots come out of his hands.

5 Likes

Bloody brilliant?

Get it? Because he’s dripping blood and it’s brilliantly drawn! Get it?

I’ll show myself out…

5 Likes

THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!

Stupid no-caps rule

4 Likes

That’s the best artwork I’ve ever seen for Polka-Dot Man (besides the movie design)!

6 Likes

I thought this was made by Jim Lee or an artist at DC at first because it was so amazing!

5 Likes

That’s awesome! I love how the tongue comes out in between the teeth like that! Very well-drawn!

4 Likes

I love this! The intensity of the scene is perfectly shown through Peacemaker’s face and his costume looks fantastic!

5 Likes

I love the dynamic between light and dark in this! The teeth (as previously stated) look extraordinary as does the rest of Bloodsport! Brilliantly drawn!

4 Likes

I absolutely love this! The boomerangs around him are out of this world and Captain Boomerang looks like a total badass! Amazing job!

4 Likes

@stefanie.m - I love the posters they released for this movie so it’s really nice to see some fanart based on it! Really nice work with the boomerangs and the pony is a great detail. :unicorn:

Your King Shark piece is adorable. :heart_eyes: I love it so much. There’s something about his eye that really completes it - I’d love to see it colored if you ever get the chance.

@JKoco17 - Weasel is my favorite character in the film, so I’m biased. :heart_eyes: This is a great hybrid of cute and creepy in my opinion and I really like how you drew his fur. Love the red on his eyes and teeth!

@NYJt3 - I really like your take on Bloodsport; I wasn’t too familiar with him before the movie but his helmet really stood out to me during it. I think you did a great job with the black and white and the shine and scratches on the helmet are a fantastic touch. :+1:

@Aztek - Great work on Peacemaker’s face and helmet! I think this would definitely be worth finishing in the future if you find the time. So excited to see what they do for his upcoming television series. :peace_symbol:

@keath - You nailed the crazy (and slightly lazy) eyes! :eye: Fantastic sketch, I really like how you shaded his fur as well and the small little scene of him licking the window in the movie was strangely adorable.

@cici - You nailed this challenge! Excellent shading and I really love the color palette you picked for this piece. Good attention to detail as well with the bunny shirt and the tattoos. :rabbit:

@ImpulseMaxMercury - So glad to see some love for the Polka-Dot Man in this thread! I like the pose you chose and how you drew his outfit. I hope you get to see the movie soon, you won’t be disappointed I think. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1:
Yeah I didn’t know much about him either until the movie. He been pretty cool to learn about.

5 Likes

An Awesomely™:+1: adorable King Shark

6 Likes

@stefanie.m Thank you! I was working off a photo of Kinneman out of character to get his face and expression right, I don’t think it’s as good as the real deal but I basically kept working till I was happy with it. (Then I realized I couldn’t draw just a face I needed a body and hair too :sweat_smile:) Also that King Shark is Soo cute I can’t! Sharks are my weaknessss!

@NYJt3 Thank you!

@ImpulseMaxMercury I love this! I’m most excited to get to know him in the new movie, I love the actor and his design looks so fun :grin:

@Jurisdiction Did I just get compared to Jim Heckin’ Lee!?! WOW! Thank you haha I could only wish as much! :sob::pray:

@Shayera.Hol Thanks! Haha his shirt cracks me up and I don’t think I’ve ever painted tattoos like that before but it was really fun. I know it’s the actors tattoo but I can’t help but think it’s of Enchantress hehe :relieved::green_heart:

7 Likes

It’s always great to see new work from you @cici! Fantastic as usual!

5 Likes

Thank you so much :black_heart: I hope I can participate more bc if this challenge taught me anything it’s 1) how much I missed this community and 2) how much I missed doing art for no other reason than because I wanted to :relieved:

6 Likes

I should have the next weekly challenge up tonight. I have a feeling you will find it quite enchanting:thinking:

6 Likes

@JKoco17 - your Weasel is amazing! I love the distinct highlights and shadows to give him depth. Helps keep him in the right side of the cute/creepy scale. :grin: #firstandlast

@NYJt3 - this Bloodsport is soooo smooooth. I love it. Such precise shading to give the helmet it’s gleam. Well done!!

@Aztek - magnificent rendering of Mr Cena! I love not just the expression but the majesty of his helmet beacon of Liberty.

@cici - seriously, how?! I thought you just posted a photo at first. Flagg is so well rendered, and the detail of the shirt and tattoo is brilliantly handled. I need to see more of your work!!

@ImpulseMaxMercury - hehe, this is great! I love the expression you captured on his face. It is clearly David Dastmalchian, and the perfect moment to illustrate.

@stefanie.m - okay, your Boomerang is beautiful and artfully done, but your Nanaue is absolutely the most adorable thing ever. (If you make it available as a fabric on Spoonflower, I would love to make myself the coolest pajamas!)

8 Likes