Weekly Art Challenge #33, Submission Thread

You never fail to amaze! This is so freaking good, I keep looking at it to see everything and I am not done yet! The clothing rules! The details on the cards in the background! The shading! It makes me want to work harder to produce better stuff! Incredible work my friend!

5 Likes

I hope to have mine finished soon, but it may take the whole weekend. I got a little behind being sick this week(took 3 days off). I have recovered, but my pencils aren’t even done yet. Hopefully I can finish them, ink and if time permits color it. I promise it is on the way though. :smiley:

5 Likes

Looking forward to it. Glad you are feeling better, my friend. I had an extremely busy week at work so didn’t get as much time to draw this week as I had wanted. I had gotten a book on drawing figures from my parents for Christmas and had only now started looking at it

5 Likes

Glad you’re feeling better :coffee:

4 Likes

@JKoco17 very cool and different depiction of the Joker. It is creepy in a good way. It has an almost Sun City, Marv look to it that I like. Usually the Joker is scrawny and yours looks intimidating. Almost a Joker/Solomon Grundy mashup. Great job

4 Likes

@NYJt3 i like the animated style to it. I could see Lex getting frustrated with not understanding this from his rival. I must apologize as I did not get the reference but it makes me want to watch the movie again. It was a pretty good one. Great job

4 Likes

I missed the first entries to the thread - sorry about that! Wonderfully sinister entry. I could easily picture this as an actual comic panel

4 Likes

@_UnderScore very funny! I like the safety first, but the best is contract fulfilled or it’s free sign. Reminds me of old pizza ads before deemed too dangerous. But not for Slade! Giving him a purple pink bike is the cherry on top!
Plus your thought process, it reminds me of how my mind works. Hamsters on wheels have to stick together

6 Likes

@Floral.Femme.Fatale great job! It reminds me of Disney type of animation as it comes to hands and to have a small character come out of the cookie(although as a LoT fan I’d like to see Ray Palmer but that’s weirdo me). I knew a kid in my school with similar style. Very nice

5 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury - Thanks! His face ended up wider than I intended, but I thought it took on a bit of a Jack Nicholson vibe and I decided to keep it.

@CynicalPink - Thanks, that’s very high praise!

5 Likes

No problem not getting the reference. I haven’t seen the movie in forever just randomly popped up when I saw the prompt :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Also that looks awesome™:+1:.
Didn’t know much about the gang so cool to see someone new (or maybe someone I didn’t remember :sweat_smile:)
The cards look great with the details.

2 Likes

I liked this!

3 Likes

thank you, @NYJt3, @RobArt471, @CynicalPink, and @userattempt3!

@CynicalPink, you might have missed my Hawkman animated series, which i made to convince people it would look badass if Hawkman spoke out of his mask’s little bird mouth

Summary

6 Likes

On my tombstone…“Better later than never.”

7 Likes

6 Likes

Very creepy and well done. Those hands are fantastic (I’ve actually done that as well when I couldn’t find a good reference photo lol) and the blood splatter is a nice touch.

5 Likes

Great job man I really like the shine on lexys head nice touch and his classic uniform/suit. Oh supes looks great too! (I just have a soft spot for the villian :woman_shrugging:)

5 Likes

Hilarious as usual! And slade on a bike is gold plus contracts fulfilled in 30 mins or free :+1: plus the stick o dynamite and classic bomb type bomb

5 Likes

This is great and adorable. The hand style is boss.

5 Likes