Weekly Art Challenge #33, Submission Thread

Lol, well, I think it still looks amazing

3 Likes

Oh boy, I have done this while learning coloring too many times! I have wiped out a whole piece in frustration! It taught me to layer, just like saving in a video game. I have made up “layer points” for myself, like save points in old video games.

4 Likes

I’m so used to digital I forgot you can’t do tiny details on traditional which ended up not good because I can’t draw tiny

8 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:.
The hand positioning came out great. And I hear you on the drawing tiny it’s a challenge :sweat_smile:.

Also Bumblebee hanging on a fortune that talks about hanging. That’s great.

4 Likes

Supposed to be a play on the “Hang in there” cat poster, but that didn’t work well, and yeah, the detailing is horrendous, lol, and the image was too big to send on here and see the detail so I had to split it into two images. I’d call it a massive failure

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say massive failure more of a nice learning experience. There are good things about it though. The concept alone is great. :+1:

4 Likes

Just popping in to say that at the risk of sounding like an old fogey, I’m not sure how I feel about 3D Ghibli…

4 Likes

Oh no! It will not be the same! I need hand painted cells! This just won’t do, nope not at all.

5 Likes

Hehe, the hanging in there gave me a smile. I think you got great detail on the hands and fingers. Hands are difficult as heck. :+1:

4 Likes

I’ve never drawn hands up close before, so it was definitely a fun first experience. It was also mostly doodling during class that got it started, lol.

4 Likes

Right?? Plus I’m so used to Ghibli equating to such gentle visuals. Stunning, but sweet. This promo poster makes me think of movies like Trolls or Alvin and the Chipmunks. :sob: It might turn out to be a fantastic movie, but I hope it doesn’t mean the extinction of the classic Ghibli style.

5 Likes

@_UnderScore I really wish my mind worked more like yours. Also “Safety is my goal” made me legitimately lol.

@Floral.Femme.Fatale This came out awesome! Jealous of your and stef’s hand skills. This concept is wonderfully creative, too. And here I was just going to draw someone eating noodles. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Same :joy:

And thanks, though I feel I can’t ever do my best when it’s something I’m drawing for a certain thing

4 Likes

I thought I would share. Hand study is next on my list and I found this resource while checking out David Finch’s videos. He can draw hands like a madman.

5 Likes

It’s really heh heh long and cough confusing because heh heh heh hawkman

my model

8 Likes

Awesome™:+1:

5 Likes

:rofl: Nicely done!

4 Likes

:rofl: please draw more of hawkman in the future

5 Likes

@CynicalPink even with the late notice I was able to create something for this week’s challenge. I give you Amos Fortune, leader of the Royal Flush Gang! Going for obscurity again but tied in with the “fortune “ cookie.

8 Likes

Amazing that you did something this detailed on a short schedule! Makes me happy you didn’t miss out! I never even thought of the Royal Flush Gang, but good on you for remembering Amos! He’s a great match for the prompt. Incredibly embellishments on not only the fabric of his costume, but those cards! They’re gorgeous! Hope everyone clicks to see at full size

5 Likes