Weekly Art Challenge #33, Submission Thread

Week33Banner

You do not have to be club member to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

5 Likes

Smile!

10 Likes

That looks awesome™:+1:
Perfect fortune for The Clown Prince of Crime.

2 Likes

Had a lot of fun with this one. Decided to try and animated style with it.

Don’t know why but this was the first thing to pop in my head so had to go with it​:sweat_smile:.

Lex: “IT’S BLANK”
Superman: “It’s okay. I didn’t get it at first either”

7 Likes

I’m not sure I follow…why is the fortune blank? Did Superman do something sneaky here?

3 Likes

Oh it’s parodying a scene form the Kung Fu Panda movie.
The power isn’t in the fortune it’s inside you type of thing.

4 Likes

Oh Kung Fu Panda! That was a fun movie, but my brain didn’t make the connection.

Looks good, nice work!

3 Likes

Thanks​:+1:
Yeah haven’t scene the movie in forever but it surprisingly decided to pop in my memory with this one :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@CynicalPink Humble Bundle is offering a bundle of digital tools art tools. I thought your club might be interested. $1,200+ worth of software for $30 that benefits charity. Remember to adjust your donation so more goes to the charity.

HUMBLE SOFTWARE BUNDLE: DESIGN EXPRESSION POWERHOUSE

Redefine creativity with efficiency when you take advantage of Corel Painter® 2020 , and a massive brush bundle for professional artistic expression! Also included are MultiCam Capture XL to record and share your complete process, from your screen to yourself, and Pinnacle Studio 24 Ultimate for unparalleled high-quality video editing when you need it. Transform your computer into a creativity hub, and show off your artistic chops. Purchases will also support Room to Read!

Humble Software Bundle: Design Expression Powerhouse (pay what you want and help charity)

5 Likes

Thank you very much! I’ll pass the word along!

4 Likes

I made some bonehead layering mistakes on this one so wrapped it up a little early.

Anyway, my thought process…

Fortune cookie > Chinese food > take out > delivery > foolish guarantees > Slade

8 Likes

Nicely done! :+1: Great hands!

3 Likes

Haha! Lex never gets it!

3 Likes

Beautifully hilarious! Great job as always!

2 Likes

¨Safety is my goal.¨ :rofl: That’s my favorite part! I love your style, reminds me of funny’s

4 Likes

This is great :joy::joy: very awesome™:+1:

The thought process make sense to me.

4 Likes

Thanks, those are my hands! I took a pic of my own hands for reference.

5 Likes

@RobArt471 thanks man. I can generally count on us to be on the same page.

@Floral.Femme.Fatale at one point I had the bell on his handlebar ringing, but I couldn’t make it noticeable without being too big. The ‘safety’ joke was a late addition. I’m glad it went over.

@NYJt3 thanks for riding along

4 Likes

Is the hand being behind the handle one of those? :joy:

4 Likes

Haha, no, that was supposed to be a handbrake, but I messed some colors, including the pink snd put it in with my inks. After I realized that, and how many places I did I blew off some of the standard quality control details I normally include.

4 Likes