Weekly Art Challenge #31, Submission Thread

I give up- Holy long page history, Batman

5 Likes

I always find that my work flows better doing that very thing! Otherwise it gets stiff on me. I will use a larger blunt lead(doesn’t dig into the paper and either fades or is easy to erase) to sketch out the pose. I don’t do digital myself, I like the tactile feel of pencil and paper. My daughter does sometimes and she does a sketch and makes it opaque and draws over it for a similar effect. Then she deletes the layer the sketch was on. Not sure if that is part of your process, but thought I would share.

7 Likes

I did do that sometimes, when I had a laptop, but I don’t have the option of digital anymore, though I don’t at all mind traditional pencil and paper. Plus, I like the mentality and emotions I get when going traditional

7 Likes

I may have been on here almost every second of every day for the past year :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

My goal, tbh, I love it here

7 Likes

Could I get some thoughts and opinions on the pose, btw? I’m sort of iffy on it

6 Likes

Ooh, this reminds me of the Halloween story I read with her! Shoot, what was the name… it was in the trending comics section back in October.

Anyway! Very cool work! Love the power and serenity rolling off of her amid all the creepy crawlies.

7 Likes

Echoing stef and DC, but I like the color you added! It has a very stylized/storyboard feel to it!

7 Likes

7 Likes

Drawing without reference is my nightmare :scream: Someday, I hope, but you look like you’re pretty good at handling anatomy even without a visual ref. Maybe I’ll do a stick figure challenge one of these weeks. Something along the lines of creating a pose style sheet for a character of choice.

7 Likes

I like the pose, it is dynamic and lends itself to great action perceived. You also made the torso and hips in opposing directions and that conveys power, like a punch or throw. Just got to mindful not to make them too far apart. Also, I have a tendency to put one leg over the other for depth when it works for the pose. Just food for thought. I really like what you have going on with it.

6 Likes

Drawing with reference is very challenging for me, for some reason. But, I’ve found that doing stick like figures and poses for reference is easier than a full image or sum.

6 Likes

Ive gottta get back to work, but trade powers with me later. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Thx! I think my own experience with Jujitsu helped a lot with the posing, I even did a few tests with my own body to see which poses would be sturdiest and such for the kind of defensive pose she’s in. But, I think the drawing of the full pose will be a challenge, and definitely force me to exercise my artistic abilities

6 Likes

18 Likes

Love it!

7 Likes

Zoinks! That is fabulous! I really dig the energy trails coming off her. Excellent perspective too!!

8 Likes

Ooooo shes lovely, the ring trail is a nice touch too. And really great movement with the hair!!

8 Likes

I love that it looks like it came straight out of a comic

8 Likes

That’s where I got the idea from. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes