Weekly Art Challenge #31, Submission Thread

Thanks for the rec, my brother is loving it.

7 Likes

@Reaganfan78
That’s awesome™:+1:. Didn’t even know there was clear green bricks nice.

@JKoco17
Very awesome™:+1:
Came out great. I agree never hurts to use a reference.

@stefanie.m
Awesome™:+1: and that was a great movie. My first big intro to her too.
Also that gif always gets me​:joy::joy:

@biff_pow
Awesome™:+1:
Your colors are always great.
This seems in character to her when she’s ready to fight.
:joy::joy: a limb

@RobArt471
Very awesome™:+1: wow. Never knew she was had volthoom’s ring before. Cool. Really like the vine like grip on the ring. :+1:

8 Likes

First time drawing Cruz. Really liked how it came out. Especially the glow.
Based it off the JL Odyssey version.

16 Likes

Shes beautiful, calm and strong :clap: and that effect around the ring is very cool!

7 Likes

So, this is definitly one of my worst drawings, like, ever, plus it was extremely rushed. I think I’ll redraw it in pencil, hopefully then I’ll be satisfied. Also, it was going decently until I added the sharpie, then it went to crap :heart:

My reference

18 Likes

I dig it @Floral.Femme.Fatale- especially the strong contrasting between the black and the green coloring. Good stuff!

8 Likes

I second DC I like the addition of the sharpie strong contrast, and the highlighted bits in her hair are a nice touch. She looks sort of playful dig it!

8 Likes

Thx, I haven’t made a full drawing out of ink in maybe a year or two, so I was really nervous

7 Likes

I wanted to use black pen ink rather than a sharpie, but the pen I had was completely out of ink, lol

7 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:.
I really like the greens lantern energy swirl. :+1:

7 Likes

Oooo…those constructs are killer! Amazing artwork! She looks fantastic and the glow on the ring is the icing on the cake!

7 Likes

Her form and portion is A+! I feel you on the sharpie use, it gets hard to control for me too. I recently switched to a brush pen partly because of that. I really like the use of negative space for the hair highlights. Great forethought on that. Honestly, I love your confidence to go straight ink. I think it turned out pretty dang good and can’t wait to see what you do next!!

6 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t know either. When referencing her, I found a few images of her like this and thought it would look cool. Like Steph, the movie was my first time seeing her. The research I did made me a fan. One of the thing I love about these challenges, they open up a new world to me sometimes!

7 Likes

@NYJt3 beautiful! them hands! that emblem! those lines!

@Floral.Femme.Fatale i think this is the first time i’ve seen your style, and i love it! there’s so much character in her face, and i love the 2 color style! well 3 if you count white

6 Likes

Yeah, that was the first time I’ve posted my art, lol. I apparently have a very distinctive style, but I don’t think it’s portrayed well in that particular drawing

7 Likes

Sketch I made to use as reference for my redo of the previous drawing. Decided to make my own reference and pose, rather than using someone else’s

8 Likes

I hate when people say stuff like this and then the drawing is amazing, it make’s me self conscious LOl.
This is rad, along with everything else shared so far in the thread!

8 Likes

I think the upper arms, torso, and legs are all really good, just everything else I think I’ve failed at. I haven’t seen any of your art, I don’t think, but I’m sure it’s all great!

6 Likes

Well, they do say artist’s are their own worst critics, I s’pose.
And I don’t have much on here (the here referring to the community as a whole), just a few random things here and there. I have trouble getting myself to draw, even though I enjoy it. I do happily lurk in this club’s threads though, I love seeing all the wonderful art here.

8 Likes

It’s okay, I’ll just creepily stalk your page rq :+1:

6 Likes