WB/Discovery Cancellations Are Now Taking Effect! What Would You Like to See in the Future

So since Discovery and Warner Bros have now merged or bought out WB (Correct me if you’d like), we’ve all been wondering “What’s gonna happen to our favorite shows and movies?” Well, Discovery has confirmed today that Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow have officially been cancelled, while our favorites Superman & Lois, Stargirl, along with the other HBO Max originals are still questioned if they’re going to survive this cancellation trip. It’s only a matter of time before any film projects get affected. so I want to know; What would you like to see in the future? What do you think should be kept? What do you feel should FINALLY be put out of its misery?

Note: Thank you @DC89 for giving me the idea to come up with this thread. I had planned on making this sooner, but things have been busy on my end. I’m not sure if somebody had already beaten me to the punch, but I like to think I did it first :laughing:

I would really like to see what you all have in mind regarding what should take place in this new stage for the DC Universe

:00_dc_2016::00_batman_1989: :00_superman1: :00_wonder_woman_1982: :00_lc_green_lantern: :00_flash1: :00_green_arrow: :00_black_canary: :00_cyborg: :00_hawkman: :00_justice_league3: :00_birds_of_prey: :00_stargirl: :00_shazam: :00_steel: :00_teen_titans: :00_dc_2016:

9 Likes

Aww. :smiley: Thx @TheMidnightGhost.

3 Likes

I had to say thanks. I can’t remember if it was a conversation in the Flash movie thread or one of the collecting threads and you made a comment, which gave me the idea.

2 Likes

Naomi and Stargirl function on their own, and Superman & Lois could easily be retooled to be an independent show as well. I think they should end Flash after the next season, with a big miniseries event that serves as a finale to the entire Arrowverse.

11 Likes

It’s whether Superman and lois, Naomi, Gotham knights, and Justice U will become a new “Arrowverse” when Flash is gone is interesting speculation.

5 Likes

Titans, Flash and all future CW projects should come to an end. HBO Max should be the exclusive home for all things DC outside of comics. :100:

Also bring back Swamp Thing and Move Superman & Lois, Stargirl and Sandman to HBO Max.

4 Likes

I am not convinced these shows will happen.

3 Likes

I also want that Lobo spin-off tv show we were promised.

6 Likes

After thinking about this some more, I believe the way to go is a Day of Vengeance style story, where everyone has to unite against Oliver Queen as The Spectre and remind him of his humanity. This probably ends with an Olicity scene, but this universe gets the ending it built for itself.

5 Likes

Some quick thoughts on this one:

1. CW is only 50% WB/Discovery. CBS Paramount owns the other 50%

2. Legends and Batwoman were slated to possibly be cancelled regardless of the merger due to lower viewership- which when you consider the very low low bar CW goes by for minimum, is super low.

3. Most TV series are cancelled after 3 months. Fact. So having these great DC characters last even a full season let alone 2 seasons or more is a gift for us all.

4. I was thrilled when Batwoman first appeared in Crisis, I loved the way they were using the black and deep red branding of the Batman '66 batmobile for her look and the car etc. I kept up on the episodes even though I wasn’t sold on the overuse of Alice.

5. I also enjoyed and followed Legends of Tomorrow right to the end. Again, grateful a collection of B heroes and villains got to have a laugh riot of adventure fun that long, 7 seasons???!!!??? Wow.

6. I agree, time for Flash to wrap up. The overall story lines and character stories has been fun, but every great novel or trilogy I’ve ever read has a conclusion, that’s part of the enjoyment of a story.

7. So, in sum, my opinion: WB/Discovery has nothing to do with these two shows being axed.

Final parting reflection: however, WB/Discovery has made it very very plain in their talks with the shareholders that there is around $58 Billion in debt they need to wrap up fast, so any withering tree branches of the group are going to be spun off or halted fast. Here’s hoping we still have a CW or a DC Comics as we know them in 6 months!

4 Likes

Don’t even say this out loud, you’re going to give me a heart attack

6 Likes

Ever since Discovery bought out Warner Bros and thus DC Entertainment, I have been curious as top how this will affect us hardcore DC fans. Now I can see why Batwoman and Legends have been canceled. I trtied to get into Batwoman, watched the entire first season even though I really didn’t like it. But episode one of season two told me not to bother anymore. But it was a “Woke” show so they did their very best to cram it down our throats. Now I loved Legends the first three seasons, but as time went by it just got too silly and repetitive. Now Flash I haven’t seen since last season and maybe they’ve made some improvements since then. I have a feeling Discovery will be more logical in choosing what they keep and what they air. Now the fact is Batwoman, Arrow, Flash were all great concepts, the writing was just awful. So why not try a tried and true DC comics idea and do full reboots. Go back to the beginning and start over.
I am glad they are keeping Stargirl though I’d have loved to have seen the original Justice Society. And Naomi is a fresh new idea though I think the comic is written better than the show. As for what I’d like to see, well we’ve done this before stating our ideas for new shows. I would like more animated shows, serious ones like Justice League or Young Justice. I would like to see live action shows that are not always geared to teens and young adults. I would like to see seasons of Titans or Doom Patrol that aren’t one long story arch but with stand alone episodes. I would like to see more sitcoms like Powerless, which was a great show. I would like to see shows written by people who seem to know the character’s stories. I guess I am asking for a lot.

4 Likes

This is exactly how I’ve felt about most CW shows with a few exceptions. (Cough) Superman & Lois/Stargirl :smirk:

4 Likes

Making shows reflect the world we live in makes for rich storytelling. I don’t mind opening the door to include all Americans, it really can be refreshing.

But I’m too old to have to sit through an episode of Schoolhouse Rock didactic training on accepting everyone and why. Let’s have great characters and story lines and the rest will follow as a result.

4 Likes

Supergirl was way over the top on that kind of nonsense. Absolutely insulting. There’s a lot I liked about Supergirl including the villain Lex Luthor.

5 Likes

…Titans is on HBO Max

5 Likes

Considering Netflix’s track record, I’m pretty sure that Sandman will get cancalled within a month of its release if it doesn’t perform super well

5 Likes

I doubt that Naomi will be renewed

5 Likes

I have thought of this. I do not think they will risk a backlash by cancelling their two shows with a black woman/girl lead. If their only two shoes left (Stargirl and Superman and Lois) both have all white leads after they recently cancelled Black Lightning, Naomi, and Batwoman they will be worried it will be seen as racist. Still if its views are low enough and they are worried they will just cancel and then work on another show they think can replace it.

3 Likes

They did cancal the two shows with queer leads

3 Likes