WB/Discovery Cancellations Are Now Taking Effect! What Would You Like to See in the Future

That’s why they should move it to HBO Max.

3 Likes

Who is going to be Eclipso then?

2 Likes

My thought is that Naomi is probably being shopped around and they are making a decision whether, to keep it, cancel it or move it to streaming.

2 Likes

Considering the cost cutting of Warner Discovery I don’t that would happen

2 Likes

Do you think Warner Discovery will cut back on major blockbusters and instead focus on more auteur/artsy films like Joker and THE Batman? I’ve read rumors that a golden age depowered Superman film is in the works.

1 Like

I desperately want to see a movie or short season of Batwoman and especially Legends of Tomorrow. I need that closure and the fans all deserve it…

2 Likes

I think there should be a balance between cost cutting and cost spending. Using money to produce something of quality that becomes fruitful is worth the investment. I’m just afraid the new head honcho at Warner Discovery won’t see that.

1 Like

Basically what I’m saying is that I’m afraid David Zaslav is nothing but a knife happy money pincher. I don’t think that’s good for the fandom. Cutting corners to save money at the behest of your customers

2 Likes

Thats likely for the best

2 Likes

As mentioned above:

I don’t blame the guy. That’s a lot of debt to have to get rid of.

3 Likes

Then why take it on in the first place?

1 Like

I don’t know. You’re asking me? What do I look like, an economist?

1 Like

Agreed.

5 Likes

I absolutely want to see Young Justice go. It’s a flawed Teen Titans knockoff, both as a comic and as an animated series- won’t miss it if it gets dropped. The only shows right now that I’m scared to see go are DC Superhero Girls, Titans, Doom Patrol, and HQAS. Really hoping that the Discovery front office suits have the courage to stick with these properties. I also have strong reason to believe that the HBO Max Green Lantern series had been shelved a while back. This is too bad becuz the GL universe is beloved by fans and deserves to (finally) be in the spotlight. Perhaps the Discovery peeps will get it back up and running now that Batwoman and Legends have been canceled.

7 Likes

I’d like to see DC get the following:

• A theatrical movie every four months. That’s only three movies a year so not an unrealistic or huge commitment but would give the franchise momentum and consistency in the theaters. With the 45 day window before they land on HBO Max it would also give the movie time to run its course both in theaters and online before the hype train begins in earnest for the next movie.

• Six original shows airing on HBO Max per year released strategically to keep momentum and buzz going year round. These would be 8-10 episode seasons with two episodes dropping at the premier and two episodes airing on the finale.

Example of what I’m proposing:

2023-01-01T08:00:00Z - Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom releases in theaters
2023-01-11T08:00:00Z - Pennyworth Season Three begins on HBO Max
2023-02-15T08:00:00Z - Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom hits HBO Max
2023-03-01T08:00:00Z - Titans Season Four begins on HBO Max
2023-05-01T07:00:00Z - The Flash releases in theaters
2023-05-17T07:00:00Z - Harley Quinn Season Three begins on HBO Max
2023-06-15T07:00:00Z - The Flash hits HBO Max
2023-07-01T07:00:00Z - Doom Patrol Season Four begins on HBO Max
2023-09-01T07:00:00Z - Blue Beetle releases in theaters
2023-09-13T07:00:00Z - The Penguin Season One begins on HBO Max
2023-10-16T07:00:00Z - Blue Beetle hits HBO Max
2023-11-01T07:00:00Z - Peacemaker Season Two begins on HBO Max
2024-01-01T08:00:00Z - Wonder Woman 3 releases in theaters

Don’t get hung up on the show/movie titles or the exact release dates as this is just an example but as you can see we’d never be far from having another DC show/movie to look forward to and there would constantly be new content for the fans to consume and media to talk about. In addition to this I’d like to see DC release comics that compliment each movie/TV show. Either a prequel that sets up the show, a prologue that picks up where it left off or a series that goes deeper into an event/storyline in the show.

This is the minimum I’d like to see for DC starting in 2023 and anything beyond that would be gravy.

For the CW shows - one more season of The Flash, Stargirl, Naomi and Superman & Lois feels right. Let’s wrap up the Arrowverse and end it with a bang.

I’m not at all concerned about the future of DC Comics as far as print comics are concerned. The volume they publish will fluctuate as it always has but books are still going to be written, drawn and sold.

3 Likes

Same here. I’ll go through the 7 stages of grief if anything happens… and no one wants to see that.

4 Likes

I don’t have like a big plan in my head or anything all I know is I want just a JSA movie, a new Superman movie, a Question TV show (set in the Same continuity as the Batman) and Ezra Miller and Amber Heard fired.

4 Likes

That’s a Business type question as opposed to creative haha. Disney was in Debt from buying Fox and cut corners, it’s just how stuff works.

Remember the bloodbath that happened when ATT took over a couple of years ago?

2 Likes

Yes!! We need Swamp Thing back. For those who are wondering if they should get into the Swamp Thing character, I do suggest watching the Swamp Thing series first (besides reading the comics) to get a good visual idea of the character. That’s how I was introduced to him

2 Likes

The film/tv show release plan sounds like a good idea. That would be a good competitor of the MCU and how they release content.

As far as The Flash goes, it just needs to go soon. They can end it at S8 because the showrunner did say that it can work as a finale. For Stargirl and Superman & Lois, I would like to see a few more seasons. Now if you’re saying that you want 1 more season for them because of our experience with CW shows how they go downhill after their 3rd season (its an unfortunate pattern), then yeah I would end it. But I do have faith that Stargirl and Superman & Lois could break that trend of turning bad or silly after a few seasons.

2 Likes