Watchmen HBO

Yeah, it made me wonder if Redfordations, has a side agenda of collecting a DNA catalogue for WHATEVER Ozymandius has cooking.

1 Like

Iā€™m mot entirely convinced heā€™s the villain of this story. Iā€™m very excited to see what heā€™s up to

1 Like

I know this thread is older but didnā€™t see anything else. Down to the last episode of HBOā€™s watchmen. I think for the most part itā€™s done very well but the overkill with the social justice, white guilt themes just really turned me off. If they go ahead with a 2nd season in this same direction wonā€™t be watching it. Just my two cents. Itā€™s great that it follows the events closer to the original comics, the introduction of new characters, & a visual style similar to Zack Snyderā€™s movie.

1 Like

I just can not even describe how important the story is.

If you donā€™t care for social commentary, you might want to aviod Moore/Gibbons/Lindelof-land.

Not all super hero stories are supposed to be an ā€œescapeā€, some are sober and heavy looking into the mirror. (Especially if Alan Mooreā€™s finerprints are on it)

1 Like

I just finished with episode one of the series. This is already an intense show and not what I was expecting. Heck, I donā€™t even know what I was expecting but I couldnā€™t predict this. I am in awe of the messages so far for this series. It acts like a superhero show but OMG it is so much more. I never had to stop a show while watching it because of what it is making me feel and think.

I just finished watching it a few weeks ago. Iā€™m glad you like it, I loved it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought it was an exceptional series. While I would love to see another season it doesnā€™t really need one. They should only do another season if they feel the writing is as good as the previous year. If itā€™s in any way diminished donā€™t even bother.

1 Like

Congrats to the Watchmen team for their Emmy wins last night!

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad we got the 1 season. Donā€™t want or need another. Maybe this will allow other creators to tell their story and end it rath than doing a money grab.