Watchmen HBO

Did anyone else see the first episode? what did you think? i love the direction they are going and cant wait for episode 2

1 Like

I enjoyed it for the most part. I’m really intrigued by the show’s take on how the events of Watchmen still affect the world over 30 years later, and I think the first episode effectively set up a lot of interesting plot points. I’m still a little hesitant to fully embrace it, though, mainly because I’m really not a fan of Damon Lindelof’s overly vague style of storytelling. Regardless of how the season plays out, his annoying tendency to ask a lot of questions and hardly deliver any answers will be something that’ll stick in the back of my mind

5 Likes

I am literally counting down to the next episode.

Tick, tock, tick, tock

5 Likes

I can’t believe the second episode is almost here, already. Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure what to make of it at first. i re-watched it then picked up subtle clues that helped me see where they were coming from. I’m looking forward to Episode 2!

2 Likes

I re-watched the first episode twice, and pucked up a few tidbits i would like to share.

1- the opening sequence was exactly the beginning of EVERY superman story…only instead of Krypton, it was Tulsa.

2- Chief Judd, has been a VERY bad man, as i predict we will see as the story unfolds. The episode opens as it began; a Black hero putting a stop to a corrupt lawman. I even suspect that Chief Judd is the man under the Rorsach mask speaking in the video. His objective is to intensify the conflict, playing both sides.

3 -i am wondering if Angela Abraham WAS the child that Doctor Manhatten spared (in utero) when he was obliterating Vietcong, as he explained to the Comedian: he saw a great future for the unborn child.

Pure speculation here

4 Likes

Oh yeah, Judd is the name of the corrupt Villian in the Musical Oklahoma…another clue there for those that know the plot of the play.

2 Likes

I was shocked with the Tulsa massacre cold open, thought only a small percentage of people knew about that.

I’m going to hold judgement for a moment because anytime you put white supremacists on tv there’s a chance for evil to happen.

The Forallnerds.com crew has seen more than us and episode 6 big things gonna happen

4 Likes

I need to find time to watch this. I have heard that it is very good.

3 Likes

Just watched the second episode, and really falling in love with the music score.

Good LORD can Ozymandius get more creepy?

4 Likes

First episode I felt intrigued more than sold, after episode two I’m sold. I always felt like the movie looked exactly like the comic but missed the point philosophically, but this show really gets what the book was about. So far, still too early to say of course, this feels like the one watchmen related media that could do the original proud

1 Like

The first two episodes of HBO’s Watchmen been phenomenal. I have thoroughly enjoyed how the director and producers took the source material and used it as a launching point to expanded upon the universe.

4 Likes

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross are doing the music/ soundtrack for the show.
it is amazing

6 Likes

I didn’t know that. I totally recognize that now that you’ve said it, tough!

2 Likes

So far, I think the best person on the show is Louis Gossett Jr. He’s always been good, and at this age, I’m happy to say, he’s still got it.

3 Likes

After re-watching the first two episodes, does anyone think that Judd Crawford might have been the second Owl Man? Just curious.

I haven’t git to see episode 2 yet but ive watch a lot of youtibe videos breaking down the first one and I’m blown away by the attention to detail this show has and ite scary how it resembles our real world quite a bit

1 Like

I’m loving the current direction hopefully they don’t blow it. New characters are surprisingly enjoyable and love the world’s progression from the eighties

1 Like

I was pretty much in with the first episode and the fact that I unapologetically love Damon Lindelof. But after the spaceship magnet in episode 2, I am fully in.

1 Like

After 2 episode, I love it! I think it’s great, but one thing that really bothers me is how Rorschach mask is being used a symbol for racism. I’m not sure if Damon Lindelof knows that the 2nd iteration of Rorschach is Reggie Long, who is black. Now Reggie is still very new, but he was reveal at least a year and a half before the show was still in it’s planning stages, so I think it’s foolish to make Rorschach mask a symbol of white supremacy. Despite it’s flaws, I’m still loving the show, but it’s not perfect.

2 Likes