đź“ş Watch-Along đź“ş: Young Justice: Outsiders! Friday, January 4th @5pmPST/8pmEST

That’s right everyone, we’re kicking off the New Year and the new DC Universe original series, Young Justice: Outsiders with another batch of Watch-Alongs!

For those who haven’t joined a Watch-Along before, this is the perfect time to see what all the hoopla is about. And if you’re the shy type, no problem! No need to chat if you’re not ready. :speak_no_evil: Just read along in the comments and enjoy being in the presence of fellow fans. You know what the say: “The community that geeks out together, stays together.”

…Someone says that.

Anyway!

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: Young Justice: Outsiders S3 E01-03 Watch-Along. That’s right, we’ll be watching ALL THREE released episodes! Please allow each to play through naturally to allow us to stay on the same timecode.

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Young Justice: Outsiders on another screen to make it easier. So there, too.

When: Friday, January 4th, @5pm PST/8pm EST.

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question; read below!

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

If this is your first time, please read the below to prepare yourself for how this will work.

Requirements and Recommendations for Participation:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Young Justice: Outsiders.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the strike of the hour.

ALSO! Because we’re watching multiple episodes, please allow each one to play through naturally, so we all remain on the same timecode.

3a) A WRINKLE IN TIME – It is to be expected that some of us will be a bit behind or a bit ahead in the episode, depending on how quick on the draw each of us are. Forgive some discrepancy of reaction time.

3b) WARNING: SPOILER RISK – This time discrepancy will put you at risk for spoilers. You have been warned!

1. SECOND VERSE, SAME AS THE FIRST – These episodes will have premiered before the Watch-Along, so for some this can be a chance to watch a second time.

4a) DON’T BE A SPOILER RISK INCARNATE – If you ARE watching the episode for the second time, do NOT actively spoil events for others watching!

1. CRISP, REFRESHING CHROME EXTENSIONS – If you’re having trouble keeping up with the comments (understandably), there are Chrome extensions out there that automatically refresh the page as often as you program it to. Worth a shot!

We’re so excited to dust off the couch and hang out in the proverbial living room with you all – We’re back, baby!

41 Likes

Excellent. What time do you expect all 3 reels to take?

How long…what time show stop???

@Don-El, Each episode is roughly 22 minutes so it should end after about 1 hour and 10 minutes (6:10pm PST/9:10pm EST) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be sure to order extra Pizza

3 Likes

Getting ready for all of the new people that sign up to DC Universe for YJ and ask what they’ll win because of “CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY” :joy:

5 Likes

I’m excited to watch with my fellow geeks!!!

3 Likes

@nu52, they win a chance to hang out with us, duh!

3 Likes

Anyone reading the prelude comic?

4 Likes

Bingo, bango, bonzo, and bazinga, I am IN baby!

January is going to be such a great month for DC and me. dances like Homer in the Land of Chocolate

3 Likes

“We were talking about chocolate?”
“Zat was 20 minutes ago!”

2 Likes

Mmm…Gummi DeMilo drools

2 Likes

I thought I would have a chance to finally join in on the watch-alongs because it’s winter break, but I have an all-day training session for my job. sobs

1 Like

@WonderFlash93, that’s okay, but we’ll still miss you! Maybe next Friday?

2 Likes

@Applejack thanks Applejack and I miss you guys too! I go back to work next week unless I call out sick on Friday haha just kidding. I need my work hours lol

2 Likes

I have 16 episodes to catch up on, and then I’ll be ready for season 3. Hopefully I can join this.

1 Like

That would be great, @Brick08! I understand that the seasons of Young Justice are episodic in nature, so it’s okay if you jump in at season 3. But I certainly understand being a purist and wanting to make sure you catch all the references. Looking forward to seeing you sometime :slight_smile:
@WonderFlash93, totally get it :slight_smile: When we do see you we’ll know it’s special.

2 Likes

Those of us in the “What did you last eat?” thread have done WaL’s for the early episodes of season one. Does that earn us extra credit?

1 Like

Heck yeah it does! Not sure what that credit converts to, but sure!

1 Like

…pastries?

1 Like