đŸ“șWatch-Along đŸ“ș: FLASHPOINT PARADOX, Mon., Feb.18th @5pmPST/8pmEST

From February 11th-17th, DCU Book Club (DCUBC) is reading Flashpoint - the game changing story that kicked off the New 52 era.

Join @Vroom and I as we host a watch-along for the thrilling animated adaptation of the Flashpoint comic book, JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE FLASHPOINT PARADOX (2013) on Monday, February, 18th at 5pm PST / 8pm EST.

For those of you who are watch-along regulars, you know the drill. :wink:

If you’ve never attended a watch-along, please read below to prepare yourself for how this will work.

Requirements and Recommendations for Participation:

1. You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013).

2. Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices: your phone, laptop, or tablet for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. We will make comments on this thread while watching the episode.

4. Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action - we’ll be starting at the strike of the hour.

TIPS:

:white_check_mark: Do NOT skip the intro, we will watch it to help keep us all in sync.

:clock5: STAYING IN SYNCH WITH THE GROUP: A few minutes before “showtime”, play the episode and pause it at time code 0:00. This gives the episode time to buffer so you won’t have a late start. At “showtime”, click play.

:clock530: OH NO! I ARRIVED LATE, HOW DO I CATCH UP? If you arrive late, to catch up with us, fast forward the episode’s time code to match the current time, and click play. For example, we start at the top of the hour, 0:00, if you arrive at five minutes past the hour, 0:05, move the time bar of the episode to 0:05 and you’ll be caught with us.

If you have questions, please let @Vroom or me know in the comments.

BARRY ALLEN! What have you done?!!!

13 Likes

Will be there! I haven’t done a DC book club, guess this is a great way to start! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Woohoo! Great stuff @JLWWSM and @Vroom!

3 Likes

I remember watching this years ago. I really liked it! Looking forward to watching it again after reading the book. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to join the watch-along (Work schedule has been nuts recently) but excited to watch the movie again nonetheless. DC Universe post goes up at the normal time tomorrow!

2 Likes

@Reaganfan78. That’s great! I’m glad you can make it and it would be fantastic to hear your thoughts in bookclub. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@MattMcDonald
Same here, I saw it long ago, but I had not read the comic. I’m looking forward to the Read & Watch!

1 Like

I’m excited to take the chair on this one alongside JL =)

The comic mini-series and the movie are great. Read/watched them when they came out and am looking forward to re-exoeriencing a group affair of Flash Fun!

3 Likes

Flash Fact: “godspeed” is a term that is used to wish someone a good journey. Debuting in the Rebirth era of The Flash, the rogue Godspeed typically wants anything but success for Flash.

3 Likes

I was thinking of playing a little joke during a watch along, but I don’t think it would’ve work well. For fun I was thinking when Flash changes history I change my username and picture to Lincolnfan78. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s a fun idea, @Reaganfan78 I like it!

2 Likes

I just watched this a couple of weeks ago. Totally down to watch it again!

2 Likes

Awesome and glad to hear it @KittyKrawler We’ll have fun. This such a crazy movie. :popcorn:

1 Like

Huzzah Kitty is here! Have you read the Flashpoint mini-series Ms. Krawler?

1 Like

I have not, Vroom!
It was one of the first comics I downloaded on the service, but my pull list grows so fast being on the boards every day.
It’s so hard to finish anything, when you want to read everything! haha

3 Likes

@Kitty, been there, got the t-shirt. I only finally just finished my reread of Superman Unchained yesterday. So much goodness to be read here.

Just make sure you squeeze Flashpoint in between issues of The Authority :wink:

1 Like

@Vroom
Is the Flashpoint mini series the same as the Flashpoint book we’re reading in bookclub this week?

1 Like

Yep! Flashpoint #'s 1-5.

1 Like

After this we should have A Back To The Future watch along! :slightly_smiling_face: wonder if that’s allowed?

3 Likes

Dude, a BTTF WAL? OMG, that’d be awesome! Just lemme get my hoverboard, vest (that “life preserver” can eat it!), Pepsi, self-tying Nikes, and reflective hat and we’re set.

Hang on, I forgot something. looks around for his Sports Almanac, to no avail Oh
fudge. Hey Doc!

3 Likes

I will be watching Raw

1 Like