đŸ“șWatch-AlongđŸ“ș Doom Patrol S1 E05! Friday, March 15th @6pm PST/9pm EST

It’s been a big DC day for me!

-Doom Patrol in the morning.

-Read some comics on here.

• Played Batman: Arkham City

• Doom Patrol Watch Along in a bit and after that I’ll play Batman: Arkham Knight

2 Likes

@TX85, the takeover is complete!

@TX85
Looks like it’s been a pretty awesome day then!

1 Like

@Applejack Right now, it looks like all I have is Copper & Kings Blanche. I just finished off a Pernod and
uh
some other brand that I can’t remember (Leopold Bros, maybe?) recently.

Interestingly, the hallucinogenic properties of any absinthe are a myth. People used to drink absinthe while also taking laudanum, which is what produced the hallucinations.

I do find the buzz to be a little more euphoric than other alcohols, which some attribute to the wormwood oil. But no green fairies.

Finally, don’t burn sugar cubes into it. That is nonsense the czechoslovakians introduced as a marketing gimmick. It ruins the drink in my opinion.

1 Like

Big DC Days are the best!

1 Like

@TX85 Congrats on the new job!

1 Like

@BatmanOfZur-En-Arrh, that’s fascinating!! I’m going to lean into the myth and mysticism because it brings me joy, but I’ll skip the sugar.

1 Like

@TX85 You got a new job? :eyes::eyes::eyes:

3 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:

Kitty took the words out of my mouth.

1 Like

@Applejack Definitely still drip water over sugar cube into the drunk. That’s the traditional preparation. Just don’t light the cube on fire.

1 Like

@Don-El’s putting you on blast @TX85, dish! Dish! Dish!

nods sagely at @BatmanOfZur-En-Arrh

Yeah his new job as a beta tester for DC Universe

2 Likes

Is Absinthe recommended for those of us who typically don’t drink?

1 Like

20 minutes!

1 Like

I’m watching an episode of the 7/24 Wahlbergers show on Pluto TV for preshow

1 Like

Lol @Don-El

Is Donny still married to Jenny McCarthy?

@Applejack I, too, love the history and myth around the drink. It brings me a lot of joy too. I have literally had daydreams about writing a history book on absinthe
because I’m a big nerd.

1 Like