🚨Warning: Spoilers!🚨Young Justice: Outsiders Ep. 10-13 Reaction Thread

Theres a fan theory floating around that Teen Titans GO is all in beast boys head - do you think we can take episode 12 as a confirmation of that?

Whoever did the sound design or gave direction for victor standing in the rain on the football field, I just want to thank you for creating such a beautiful moment. (The rain falling on victor and sounding like rain on a tin roof)

5 Likes

I love how the series is constantly introducing new characters, even if they’re just cameos. This universe is so fleshed out, and even though there’s only been two and a half seasons focused on just a few specific portions of the DC universe, you can tell that years of stories have occurred, and that’s just really satisfying. I also like how the origins and stories of heroes are so interconnected in a way that just can’t be done in the comics. Also , the stuff like the Doom Patrol TTG spoof or just subtle inclusions of characters like Cisco or Harper Row are such cool nods that add a lot of fun to an admittedly darker plot. So I just have to thank Brandon and Greg, because it really shows that they’re fans of the characters and universe just as much as us, and they’ve managed to make a successor to the past seasons that, in my opinion, holds up to the standard they’ve set, if not even exceeding them.

8 Likes

I feel like they’re treating this too much like it’s the Teen Titans. Like as much as I loved Victor in this, he was unnecessary and so was adding Tera and Slade’s connection in this. Like we’ve already seen this in multiple Teen Titans series so it shouldn’t be forced in YJ when they’re two completely forgot teams. I just hope this isn’t a copy of the Judas contract movie because I honestly want them to focus on other characters and plots.

2 Likes

this show is always so great, but like why has everyone been getting together the last few episodes? this is a huge cast of characters that all stand up well on their own, and that’s no small feat, so i want them to stop undermining that by instantly pairing them all off. and worse, there is already more than enough happening here without romantic subplots every episode. i care way more about the plot and about the work relationships and friendships of the team members, both old and new, than i do about making sure everyone has a hetero partner by the end of the episode y’know

1 Like

So a couple things from me,

1. did anyone else catch the control freak vibes with the use of the remote to switch channels?

2. I really thing the doom patrol bl was just a precursor or a preview attempt to the big reveal of bringing back teen titans THROUGH saying teen titans go was just control freaks alternate reality that he trapped the titans in in the final episode of the series

3. love the fact that no matter what Tara is working for spade originally

4. the connections are great but I hope next season does more stuff with “the team” and not just the outsiders

5. didn’t like the animation change mid season at first but it’s growing on me

1 Like

I NEED MORE STATIC SHOCK IN THIS SHOW!!! LOL

5 Likes

Did anyone catch the nod to smallville cyborgs costume?

8 Likes

That was better. There was still some cringe worthy moments like Victors story on steroids or Logan’s trip to GO. Why bother with victor’s story if you’re not going to add a new angle to it? I also really hated how they turned his Teen Titans show catch phrase into a cult hit. How is it supposed to be special now? Now he’s just going to sound like a one hit wonder rapper. I would have liked to see some teases for Victors entry into the show, but whatever.

I loved how you made Cisco the towel boy in victors football team. I hope there’s more to that story. I’m dying to know actually.

The reveal for Granny Goodness was just terrible. We all knew.

Lastly, please do something about Forager. I really do not like him. He’s like a misplaced puzzle piece. It’s like he’s too sentient to be with Sphere, bio-ship, or wolf and too weird to be around people.

3 Likes

So… Is anybody else a little disturbed by Devastation and Psimon being a thing? :joy: I think I remember her hitting on him back in season 1, but I didn’t think it was a THING!

3 Likes

Feeling the aster after waiting for so long but for me ep 7 was the best and the writing seemed only to get better afterwards. Where is my man Caldur I know he is Aquaman now but geesh. I was really hoping to see a love triangle form between Artemis and him something really physical and deep and emotional. I mean she was literally in Caldurs mind and helped him regain his self. They both lost their lovers. But I hoped they fall for each other and when Wally shows up. Artemis doesn’t know where to AIM her heart. Wally angered RUNNING in circles in his mind. And Caldur DRIFTING along in a sea of emotions. But besides that its been great. Especially loving the tone has that Justice League feel with a little GARGOYLES…

3 Likes

Oh not to mention Caldur and Artemis fathers are bad guys.

1 Like

Why the new beast boy story though I liked the doom patrol story

Why the new beast boy story though I liked the doom patrol story

Not gonna lie, very disappointed they have/used a character called Holocaust that shoots fire… really?

4 Likes

OMG :slight_smile: I can’t wait!

@ReelBigCohen

I chuckled, I mean you don’t expect super villians to be PC do you? they’re whole thing is to tick you off.

3 Likes

I was so confuse during the Doom Patrol thing

2 Likes

While watching the last episode I was like Tara sounds a lot like Tera

2 Likes

@ReelBigCohen: the definition of the word holocaust is extreme devastation caused by fire. I know there’s a historical connotation, but this season has been featuring many things that are too “sensitive” for network shows. They were literally selling children into slavery there, forcing them to fight each other. I think that’s much more troubling than the character’s name.

2 Likes